Guitar Solo Showdown - Staind - "Not Again" Guitar solo

Started by Dmann, July 28, 2011, 09:36:35 PM

Dmann

QuoteStaind's 7th studio album is due for release September 13th, and the band is looking for a guitarist to add a killer solo to their new single "Not Again".

If you think you have the chops to compete, plug in your Fender Blackface Super Reverb and record a mind bender.

1 Grand Prize Winner
The Grand Prize Winner, as chosen by the Judges from all of the submissions, will:
•Get your solo on the iTunes deluxe version of Staind's new album
•Receive a Mike Mushok signature model PRS baritone guitar
•Receive a $1,000 gift certificate to Guitar Center
•Receive an autographed copy of the new Staind album
•Receive a 1-month Tab Pro subscription to Ultimate Guitar

10 Honorable Mentions
The 10 Honorable Mentions, as decided by the judges from the 20 most popular solos, will each:
 •Receive an autographed copy of the new Staind album

I got this from a post on facebook from Dougtubes, so not sure if anyone is interested, but in order to enter, goto the site, create a free account, and then they give you 3 Keys, in which you must use one to enter, I just found out about it yesterday but already there are tons of submissions.

http://www.indabamusic.com/#!/opportunities/staind-guitar-solo-opportunity%23

I haven't entered yet, but I have a few idea's I was going to try. Anyways, even if you just wanna have fun and don't care about winning, it's free to enter and try it out, who knows you could be exactly what they are looking for.

Saijinn Maas

Cool! Signed up and downloaded the wav file. This should be a lot of fun. ;)

Thanks

Satchwood

Thanks Dmann, this might be fun!   i downloaded it... but i don't know if i'll have the time to work on it right now...
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)