Won't be around much...

Started by Greeny, July 24, 2011, 01:28:47 AM

Greeny

Got made redundant on Friday. Still in shock actually. But I'm off to Amsterdam tomorrow to lick my wounds and see whether the coffee shops can help me unwind a little  ::)

Anyway, I won't be on for a bit after today. Catch you soon though.

Pete C

Really sorry to hear your bad news Greeny. I know its difficult but try and remain positive. I was made redundant 8 years ago and it gave me a kick up the ass to go out and do something different. Enjoy Amsterdam, chill out and then start looking for something. I'm sure that if you're half as good at your job as you are with your music you'll have no problems.
Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

pjd1

I am sure something will turn up for your Greeny , with your musical talents you should try and set yourself up on the circuit !!!

Enjoy your Chill !!

Dunny
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8

Greeny

I don't know if 'redundant' is a global term - basically.... laid-off, fired, dismissed, discarded etc etc

Oldrottenhead

in my eyes you will never be redundant tim.   but i am sorry to hear you news and i know it was not too far back that you went through the same, hopefully you will be back in employment a lot quicker this time, wish i could join you in amsterdam.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Flash Harry

Take your acoustic. They'll pay you 200 euros a night to play. You could stay there all summer!

Good luck Tim. Give me a shout if you need anything.

Flights from LBA to Amsterdam are somewhere between £42 and £100 return at the moment so if you have somewhere to crash....
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Good luck Tim, I will think of you everytime I log on. Best Wishes  Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

OsCKilO

Sorry man....

Stay  positive.  enjoy the time off.

You should start giging bro.

London pubs would pay good money for you!
And there are gigs most nights!

I think your true proffession is music anyway... anything else would be just a time killer...
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Facemask93

Life's a bitch Tim , and I married two , I should know , only joking mate , I have been made redundant 4 times though , in the 45 years I have been working , it's not nice , and financially it sucks , but eventually I changed to working for myself , and fingers crossed things have been better
Unless the mortgage is the biggest factor get out and gig , you certainly are good enough

Best of luck

Rob

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

Vanncad

Sorry to hear about that Tim,
Unfortunately for our generation, it's a far too common occurrence.

Judging by your talent and song writing proliferation, I'm sure you would be an asset to any organization, or like others have said, you could easily strike out on your own.

I know that's a difficult decision to make when you have a family.
Whatever you choose, I wish you the best of luck.
It ain't pretty being easy.

Okay to Cover