The Journal

Started by tom r, July 15, 2011, 01:26:14 PM

tom r

Thanks Geir i'm happy to be compared to and complimented by some wonderful musicians.

T
Tom Reeves
Lobelia Sound

Flash Harry

Oh wow, this is sublime.

Not enough of it for me! It had a really sweet melancholy edge and it works brilliantly with that slide and picked guitar.

Such a good song.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Greeny

Wonderful. Would be a fair inclusion in the Folkfest? There's lots of lovely stuff going on - both musically and compositionally. A great listen.

Great piece of work Tom, I'm only sorry it's taken me a little to get to it.............Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

Kenny B

I dig this ... the voices are fantastic and your guitar work is always
so perfectly fitting with whatever utensils you choose to play with ...  ;D
You're a very talented and expressive artist.

kb
recorder
Zoom MRS-1266
recorder
Boss Micro BR

trev

Hi Tom

really liked this one - great song but what type of spoon did you use and can you recommend a good one for me?

Trev

tom r

Hi Trev
i'm a bit of a cheap skate and used an ikea spoon. I found using the handle rather than the bowl worked a treat.
I thinking of moving onto other utensils anybody got any thoughts on this?

Tom
Tom Reeves
Lobelia Sound

trev

Hi Tom
I'm not sure but I  think the end of a fish slice can be made to look a little like a PZM microphone (from a distance) although you can't actually record using one - just thought that this 'slice' of information might be useful to you in your quest for the perfect musical kitchen utensil.

Trev

tom r

A frying pan can look rather like a banjo? I might put a couple of elastic bands on and give it a twang.

T
Tom Reeves
Lobelia Sound

trev

Maybe we can do a collaboration on 'duelling frying pans' :)