Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Speed Demon

Yesterday I tried to buy one MP3 file from Amazon. I wanted to download it.
The site page states that a song can be either downloaded or stored in Amazon's Cloud.

After several tries to download the file, only to be redirected to the Cloud foolishness, I finally gave up
trying. Today I requested and received a refund for my 99 cent purchase, and an apology from Amazon
because of the trouble I had. I never did get the file I wanted.

It seems that Amazon is being deceptive about downloading a music file when its purchased.
None of the download links actually worked, just redirects to their Cloud service.
When I emailed them I mentioned this, and also that I felt Amazon was scamming their customers.

I quickly received an apologetic message informing me that I was getting a refund for my troubles,
even though they do not normally give refunds on downloaded purchases. I never got the file so I'd
say they had no choice but to refund my dollar.

I also informed Amazon that I would not be buying any music from them in the future, nor would I
recommend their service to anyone else.

The way life usually works is: You never get a second chance to make a first impression.
Amazon gets a FAIL on this one.

A word to the wise. Avoid their cloud service like it had Aids.

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

There is room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to my mashed potatoes.

cuthbert

Hmm,  I must be one of the lucky ones.

I've bought three mp3 albums over the past month through the cloud, haven't had a problem downloading them yet. There's an app that you install that allows you to connect, and then download whatever you've purchased.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Speed Demon

Well, that explains my problem. I did not download and install Amazon's software.
I just didn't see any reason why I needed to add bloatware onto my computer just to play an MP3 file. I already have excellent players loaded.

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

There is room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to my mashed potatoes.