Amazon Cloud Inquiry

Started by Blooby, July 15, 2011, 09:10:11 AM

Blooby

I wanted some immediate gratification and downloaded my first "album" off of Amazon (The London Souls).

It took me to information on the Amazon Cloud.  Has anybody used it?  It gives you 5 gigs of space you can upload (25 if you buy an album), and then you can stream it to any computer, Android, or iPhone.

Not sure what to make of it at this time.

And now, The London Souls. I love this tune.  Why? I just don't know.

cuthbert

I've used it - that's the new default location for any music you buy on Amazon (although you can bypass it and download directly to your computer). They're going for tiered pricing, and interestingly, came out with a cloud service before Apple, who is heading in the same direction.

You can stream Amazon Cloud to an iPhone now? Is there an app? I'll have to check that out - I thought it was just Android devices.

Oh, and not a bad tune at all...lotsa slamming drums and bass.  :)
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Blooby

Quote from: cuthbert on July 15, 2011, 09:20:38 AMYou can stream Amazon Cloud to an iPhone now? Is there an app? I'll have to check that out - I thought it was just Android devices.

No App yet, but according to some sites, you can go directly through Safari.

Blooby

cuthbert

Sweet, thanks for the link Blooby!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Blooby

Apparently, there is a Cloud Player for the ipad.  According to some reviews, it is too clunky on the iPhone at this time.

Here is a link to another article.  I think Amazon is doing some sort of limited time unlimited storage deal right now.

Blooby

cuthbert

I qualified for the free 20 GB upgrade a couple months ago by purchasing an mp3 album there (Rome, by Danger Mouse and Daniele Luppi) - I've got some uploading to do!  :D
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Speed Demon

I've never been comfortable having someone's remote server in possession of my software.
Don't need the cloud. I just take either my iPod or an MP3 player whenever I leave home. Always have my music with me and its easy to dump any of it off onto a friend's computer.

I've got nearly 40 gigabytes of WAV and MP3 files. No way I'm tying up a computer trying to upload it all.
The Internet is not nearly fast enough for that to happen.

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

There is room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to my mashed potatoes.

Blooby

Yeah, I'm not interested in uploading a bunch.  I am just trying to wrap my head around the concept.

Ultimately for me, I would have to be hooked up to wifi (so as to not eat up data), which pretty much defeats the purpose of the cloud for me.

I'm still mulling, though.

Blooby

SdC

recorder
Boss BR-600