GREAT ONE HIT WONDERS!

Started by Burtog, July 12, 2011, 11:15:22 PM

Burtog

Quote from: Greeny on July 13, 2011, 08:55:36 AM^^^^^

Top song! My bass-playing uncle's band achieved the heady heights of supporting them in the late 60's.

My old man was in a band called 'Calender' in the late sixties, they supported this band which I think is a one hit wonder.
I quite like this tune.
Apparently the Show Stoppers were big drug heads according to what he remembers finding in the dressing room after they'd used it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvrAce0fK4Q
recorder
Boss BR-800

Oldrottenhead

Quote from: 64Guitars on July 13, 2011, 11:32:10 AM
Quote from: oldrottenhead on July 13, 2011, 11:13:31 AMjonathan king had quite a few hits, though he tended to use other names having his biggest succes as the piglets with "johnny reggae"

I didn't know that. Still, his only hit in North America was "Everyone's Gone to the Moon". None of the other songs you mentioned ever charted here, not even under the other names.

he was a bit of a regular irritant on the charts and on radio and on tv here in the uk for quite a number of years but had quite a public and drastic fall from grace.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

64Guitars

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Burtog

Quote from: oldrottenhead on July 13, 2011, 11:55:12 AM
Quote from: 64Guitars on July 13, 2011, 11:32:10 AM
Quote from: oldrottenhead on July 13, 2011, 11:13:31 AMjonathan king had quite a few hits, though he tended to use other names having his biggest succes as the piglets with "johnny reggae"

I didn't know that. Still, his only hit in North America was "Everyone's Gone to the Moon". None of the other songs you mentioned ever charted here, not even under the other names.

he was a bit of a regular irritant on the charts and on radio and on tv here in the uk for quite a number of years but had quite a public and drastic fall from grace.

Yeah, he aint gonna have anymore hits now that's for sure! >:(
recorder
Boss BR-800

Oldrottenhead

QuoteYeah, he aint gonna have anymore hits now that's for sure!
well he aint goin quietly  :D

He released a new film, Me Me Me, in May 2011. It Premiered in London's West End and screened at the Cannes Film Festival that year.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

64Guitars

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Burtog

Quote from: oldrottenhead on July 13, 2011, 12:03:26 PM
QuoteYeah, he aint gonna have anymore hits now that's for sure!
well he aint goin quietly  :D

He released a new film, Me Me Me, in May 2011. It Premiered in London's West End and screened at the Cannes Film Festival that year.

Really ???...............Gary Glitter will be having a come back next. :o
recorder
Boss BR-800

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

Burtog

This was a good tune,1992.

.....and she's from YORKSHIRE!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuhDDx49TTw
recorder
Boss BR-800