'DIY' - Greeny Original

Started by Greeny, July 11, 2011, 02:21:55 AM

Gritter

Nice laid back easy going feel. Strong vocal, very catchy and cool guitar sounds.

launched

This tune means a lot to me right now, bro. Not in the music sense, but the real life sense. I'm just an ordinary listener at the moment.

I'm a DIY through and through, man. My car broke down before I went to Tony's and I started working on it when I got back. It had a bad fuel pump so I spent this afternoon replacing it. With this auto, you have to remove the fuel tank to get to the pump. But the process around it is extensive. Rusty bolts, crap in your eye, etc. Unercar work sucks.

Anyway, there wasn't anyone around to help me, so I appreciated this tune big time! When you are by yourself, you have to rely on #1. Get it done, no crying.

The recording was excellent, and I loved the meaning I got from it, even though it might not have been what you expected!!

Love this tune Tim!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

OsCKilO

I echo marks comments.

There is a great sense of strength in this tune.

Your voice sounds amazing and the story is superb!

A green favourite of mine !
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Tony W

that opening slide grabbed me by the sack and forced my attention to stay right here on the song. Your backup singer reminds me of my ex.... Really cool song and sentiment.

Mark, that's why I have insurance, a lighter and a rag. They are much cheaper than tools, and its not nearly as much effort to polish a turd.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Farrell Jackson

Greeny, you have captured a great sounding acoustic guitar...very full and natural as well as the slide....tops! You have excellent vocal flexibility and range, plus you stay key. I just dig that bass progression...nice! The whole recording is crystal clear...nice work and writing!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Blooby

The lyrics are amusing, not-so, amusing and frighteningly spot-on at the same time.

Nice one.

Blooby

Redler

A very dreamy tones and feeling, Tim! Great lyrics and story! I played this to "Lady Redler" and she liked this as well!

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

pjd1

Outstanding Greeny in every way you look at this song !! pure class right here and in your ears !!

Dunny
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8

Facemask93

Definitely got them guitars down sounding lush and another fabulous sounding vocal

Totally excellent Tim

Rob

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

Nelson

Yes, Yes, Yes, Just what I was hoping for from you, Tim.

You are one all around Bad Ass everything man. Unless I've missed something, this is a fresh vocal sound from you and it's stunning.

You music is stunning as usual and the mix is pro stuff.

The vocals send it all over the top.... I love it.

Damn it... Keep pushing Brother... You're on to something.
recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600