electric drums boss micro br

Started by soundjunkie, December 20, 2008, 04:58:18 AM

so im thinking of creating a song with:
1.lead guitar
2.rhythm guitar
3.bass
4.drums(recorded with an electric drum set)
5.vocals

now my only question is that if all this is possible

Oldrottenhead

it is possible but some bouncing will be required.
record your drums via a stereo lead intothe line in and record to tracks 1 and 2, panning track 1 full left and track 2 full right to get the full stereo spectrum. record your bass to track 3 and your rhythm guitar to track 4. before you do any bouncing, get the mix the way you want it, ie individual instrument volumes and panning.
once you are happy with the mix you can begin bouncing the tracks. the 4 tracks recorded are all on v1 tracks. v standing for virtual. each track has 8v tracks.
to bounce press exit and utility together until bouncing shows on the led screen.
 screen should show on top line 001 - 1 - 00 12v2
the 12v2 is the destination tracks the bounce will go to.

that being tracks 1 and 2  virtual tracks 2. press record and play and at end of song press stop and the four tracks will be sent to that destination.
now press exit and utility together until you are back in normal mode, ie not bouncing or mastering.

once in normal mode press track 1  then using the cursor keep pressing till screen shows v track change all tracks to v2.

when you press play you will hear your 4  tracks playing back but on tracks 1 and 2 v2. track 3 and 4 v2 are empty, you can now record your lead guitar and vocals to them. if you want to record your guitar in stereo you can do so to tracks 3 and 4 but you will need to bounce again this time to v3 tracks, hope that makes sense once you have done this a couple of times it gets to be second nature, looking forward to hear what you come up with. have fun
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Bluesberry

Its not only possible, it is what the Micro BR does best.  Just as ORH describes.  First time through seems like a real big deal,  the second time is a breeze.  A whole bunch of the songs posted on this forum were created exactly like this.  One thing I would say is get a sheet of paper or notebook and keep good track of everything.  Use the virtual tracks as much as you need, don't record over anything in case you want to go back a step or two.  Fill those virtual tracks up.  I learned this lesson the hard way on my first song and I had to re-do a part that was erased.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand