Instruments you wish you hadn't sold

Started by Burtog, July 09, 2011, 03:22:13 PM

Burtog

:'(

I've sold loads of guitars in the past and wish I'd kept them all. A couple of years ago I got a Microfrets Calibra on e-bay, I then flogged it a couple of months later, god knows why.
recorder
Boss BR-800

Flash Harry

Only one. All the others I have kept, even the ones that have become unplayable because of wear or age.

No - two. Both basses. One a really dreadful jazz copy and the other an Aria Integra. I regret the Aria. The jazz I should have poured petrol on.....
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

lg

My 1st drum set, and my Greco Violin-shaped bass guitar!
I miss them both dearly!

LG
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

Saijinn Maas

Funny you bring this up. I was just talking to my wife about this very thing just yesterday. I have two...

The first is my custom Ibanez RX60 Strat pictured here. Though the sale of it enabled me to get my Blackstar HT-5, it is still a sore spot as of late.

Second, was my first "real" guitar I bought back in '92. It was a signed and 1988 numbered Jackson JS. It was numbered 179 of the last 250 made in San Dimas. Up until 89, all Jacksons were made in the US and considered to be custom shop guitars.

I was in need of some money at the time and took it to a pawn shop. I only asked for a measly $300 because I wanted to make sure I can get it back. Of course, things happened and by the time I remembered and had the money to get it back, it was way too late. He said it sold the very day it was put out.  :'(

guitarron

Quote from: Saijinn Maas on July 09, 2011, 10:23:09 PMFunny you bring this up. I was just talking to my wife about this very thing just yesterday. I have two...

Second, was my first "real" guitar I bought back in '92. It was a signed and 1988 numbered Jackson JS. It was numbered 179 of the last 250 made in San Dimas. Up until 89, all Jacksons were made in the US and considered to be custom shop guitars.

I was in need of some money at the time and took it to a pawn shop. I only asked for a measly $300 because I wanted to make sure I can get it back. Of course, things happened and by the time I remembered and had the money to get it back, it was way too late. He said it sold the very day it was put out.  :'(
ouch

i have 2 as well-my my 60something beat to to shit goldtop lp deluxe-it was really in rough shape when i got and was really worth all that much when i got rid it-(early 80's) still-nowadays- big $$$

also a 73 hardtail strat i traded plus cash for another 80 something lp that i ended trading for a breedlove acoustic

i sort of"replaced" those 2 with a 76 lp deluxe(mini-humbuckers) and 79 Cherry sunburst hardtail strat(somewhat rare)

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

guitarron

Quote from: Saijinn Maas on July 09, 2011, 10:23:09 PMSecond, was my first "real" guitar I bought back in '92. It was a signed and 1988 numbered Jackson JS. It was numbered 179 of the last 250 made in San Dimas. Up until 89, all Jacksons were made in the US and considered to be custom shop guitars.

I was in need of some money at the time and took it to a pawn shop. I only asked for a measly $300 because I wanted to make sure I can get it back. Of course, things happened and by the time I remembered and had the money to get it back, it was way too late. He said it sold the very day it was put out.  :'(
ouch

i have 2 as well-my my 60something beat to to shit goldtop lp deluxe-it was really in rough shape when i got and was really worth all that much when i got rid it-(early 80's) still-nowadays- big $$$

also a 73 hardtail strat i traded plus cash for another 80 something lp that i ended trading for a breedlove acoustic

i sort of"replaced" those 2 with a 76 lp deluxe(mini-humbuckers) and 79 Cherry sunburst hardtail strat(somewhat rare)

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Facemask93

i had to sell two , my beloved epiphone shereton , Tobacco sunburst , and my first Yamaha acoustic Flat top ( best action on any guitar i've ever owned ) thanks to my first wife nearly putting me on the streets , i had to sell lots of recording equipment as well

Rob

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

guitarron

Quote from: facemask93 on July 10, 2011, 08:35:50 AMi had to sell two , my beloved epiphone shereton , Tobacco sunburst , Rob
another ouch-just used my blond sheriton fri night for the first time-it's a keeper

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Farrell Jackson

I have tendency to keep everything musical that I've ever owned, lol! I still have the very first 6 channel Standel PA that I purchased new in 1969. But my one and only sale and regret was a 1968 Vox Teardrop bass guitar that I bought new (think Bill Lyman of The Stones). It was a beauty and in perfect condition but I just wasn't using it so I let it go for $75 in the late 70's. I kick myself (doing it right now, ouch!) every time I think about it...........the words dumb $hit come to mind.

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

launched

My $100 Epi SG400. It was a piece of shit but I miss it. Lots of music was recorded with it.

I traded it for an SKG rack case that I needed.
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover