BR-800 System Update Version 1.10

Started by MusicalCircuitry, July 05, 2011, 05:26:00 PM

64Guitars

Quote from: cuthbert on August 22, 2011, 11:51:38 AM
Quote from: markophonic on August 22, 2011, 11:23:12 AMDo you know if the Wave Converter download on the Boss/Roland site is the same as the one supplied on the disc that came with the unit?  It says it's Wave Converter 3.0 which I think is the same??

Not sure if it's the same as on the disc (I don't have a BR-800), but 3.0 is the latest and greatest for the new BR models, as far as I know.

Actually, the latest version is 3.10 which comes with the BR-80. It can be downloaded here:

http://www.roland.com/products/en/_support/dld.cfm?PRODUCT=BR-80&iRcId=62121891&dsp=1

It works with the BR-80, original MICRO BR, BR-800, BR-600, BR-864, and BR-900.

If you're not sure which version of BR Wave Converter you currently have installed, open it and pull down the Control Menu at the far left of the window's title bar, then select "About BR Series Wave Converter".

The BR-800 originally came with BR Wave Converter 3.00. I'm not sure if they've updated the DVD-ROM to include 3.10 on more recently produced BR-800s.

I think the only difference between the various versions of BR Wave Converter is compatibility with new BR models. Whichever version works on your particular BR is probably just as good as any newer version. So, for the BR-800, there's probably no difference between 3.00 and 3.10. But BR-80 users need 3.10 because earlier versions aren't compatible with the BR-80. Still, I like to use the latest version just in case there's some minor improvement I'm not aware of. So I'm using 3.10 with my BR-864, even though any version back to and including version 1.00 is compatible with it. I haven't noticed any difference. I just feel better using the latest.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Glenn Mitchell

recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Cakewalk Sonar platinum

https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks

markophonic

I'm thinking of downloading the latest version of Wave Converter 3.10

Should I uninstall the 3.00 version I currently have prior to downloading the new one?  would there be a conflict if the other is still on my computer?

Thanks again for all the help getting me up to speed and set up!   :)

Geir

as there's no installation necessary, you just unzip the compressed file as far as I can remember, you can just copy the new one to your computer and delete the old.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

markophonic

Glenn Mitchell

I got rid of all my instances of the old version just to be sure I didn't use them by mistake.
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Cakewalk Sonar platinum

https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks

sanfi4u

Hi there. My system update procedure appeared to be somewhat tricky.
I downloaded the file br800_sys_v110.zip from Roland site. Copied 4 files in archive to original 1Gb Roland card. Installed the card and switched BR-800 on. The following screen has appeared:
SYSTEM UPDATER
Version:  1.03   --->   1.10
Update System  ?

I pushed "Enter" button
Now writing..... message appeared and system started to replace asterisks with symbol o. When the process reached the end of the second raw I saw the message on the screen:
** Check Sum Error**
I thought to myself: Now I'll know where local Roland service is located. The system didn't react to any buttons. I switched the power off. Then I took off the card and copied the update files once again.
I didn't expect the system will let me run the upgrade process once again, but it did.  I saw the following screen:
SYSTEM UPDATER
Version:  1.10   -->   1.10
Update System  ?
I pressed Enter and surprisingly it started the update one more time over the ver. 1.10. This time it progressed as expected. When the second raw filled with "000" check sum AFBF appeared at the right side of the screen. When almost all third raw filled with 0000 another check sum 20A0 appeared and the process ended with the message Complete !!
I turned off the studio and installed my main 32Gb SD card. When I switched the system on it worked properly and had all new functions in place. Lucky me!
May be this story will help a bit to those who are in trouble. But better avoid it!  :)

recorder
Boss BR-800