Sandy's New Guitar

Started by Gritter, July 05, 2011, 04:17:19 PM

Gritter

I've had the same electric for a while now. It's decent enough, an Epiphone LP Special. It's an entry level electric guitar that I enjoy playing. It was one of only 3 left handed guitars in Long & Mcquade when I bought it. The others were a Epiphone hollow body that was out of my price range and a Strat (out of price range and not what I wanted).

Buying a guitar is very different for a lefty. We don't have the luxury of trying a lot of different brands and models to see which one we like best. I was in Long & McQuade last Saturday returning a school trumpet rental for my daughter and, as always, I looked at what they had in stock on the left handed racks...a few Strats, Teles, LPs, SGs and an Ibanez. I had no intention of buying a new guitar anyway but it's always fun to look. Then I was on my way out of the store and I passed by the amp room and noticed some rather cool guitars (right handed mind you) hanging on the walls. I decided to go in. There were a few racks of used guitars...some left handed! Some unusual! See I am always on the look out for something different...and there it was. Looking somewhat like a Rickenbacker, definitely retro looking...an Eastwood. This particular model is a Sidejack, based on the 60's Mosrite guitar. I plugged it in, played it for about 5 minutes and, though I really shouldn't have as money is very tight right now, took it to the counter and put some money down on it. I just couldn't let it get away.

PS: This one has had the electronics and pick-ups upgraded to American parts.

Enough talk...

Burtog

;D Super cool guitar......................am feeling jealous right now! :-\
recorder
Boss BR-800

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Bluesberry

god damn beautiful man....those are P90's for pick ups?.  I bet she twangs sweet and barks mean.  I can't wait to hear this.  How does the neck feel, thats always a big factor, it looks a bit like a Rickenbacker neck, wide and shallow, very nice.  I love that style of neck, very playable.  Bridge like a Les Paul, chunky, I like that too.  Its a damn beaut man.  Congrats.  She is for life.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Gritter

Eastwood sample
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Quote from: Bluesberry on July 05, 2011, 05:10:20 PMgod damn beautiful man....those are P90's for pick ups?.  I bet she twangs sweet and barks mean.  I can't wait to hear this.  How does the neck feel, thats always a big factor, it looks a bit like a Rickenbacker neck, wide and shallow, very nice.  I love that style of neck, very playable.  Bridge like a Les Paul, chunky, I like that too.  Its a damn beaut man.  Congrats.  She is for life.

Yes P90's...great sound, feels great, plays easy. Nicely set up. Canadian company. Made in Korea I believe. Here's a messy sample...

It has a nice edge cut into the top you can see better in this picture.

...going all retro on ya!

Geir

congrats Sandy !!

Looks really good and sounds fab !!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Bluesberry

Hot damn man, thats a guitar.  Lovely tone.  you have found a dream guitar.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

cuthbert

Nice guitar, man!

Always liked that Mosrite look, just like Johnny Ramone used to play. And I like its twangy-tude - sounds sweet!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Saijinn Maas

Congrats on the new axe! Always a day to celebrate! ;)

FuzzFace

I thought of you when I was guitar shopping and saw the small selection for lefties.

I know what you mean about being on the lookout for unusual finds.  Uniqueness gives it character.

Congrats.