Is it possible, that I'm playing too much?

Started by Nelson, July 04, 2011, 10:56:46 PM

Tony W

I responded with go see a doctor when I could have asked if you were growing hair on your palms? WTF is wrong with me?

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Nelson

recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

Nelson

God,  I remember cod liver oil from when I was a kid.
I used to create a progression record it into the BR, loop it then write the lyrics after a few days or weeks of listening to the music. One day in music store checking out a few guitars and I try to play one of my songs, I couldn't remember the first note of any. That's happened to me before... it's just nerves and lack of confidence from not actually playing the songs much.
But since I'm not jamming or doing open mic nites, I thought why not play the song over and over as i write the lyrics instead of looping it. I'm getting practice and muscle memory and all.
But that can easily lead to playing the song 50 to 75 time, in one lyric writing session.  

I haven't played in a few weeks now and my hand feels better.
The pain is mostly from the middle of my palm to the start of my forearm.

Tharek I have classical that I just start to play around with. I recorded one song with it. "This river runs deep".
Looking back I think the damage was already done but I thought it was the good pain, of hard work.
I just made it worse by continuing to play for another few days.

Flash I do believe that to be the case.

Tony W  I shave my palms...Stank U very much.

Saijinn This looks very helpful. Thanks for taking the time to write it out for me.

The doctor is the last resort for a poor man like myself. b

IanR  Good tip. that may be part of the problem as well. I though callouses were a good thing.

Farmjazz  points well taken.

Hey GUys, thanks for the feedback... It's great to have folks to run things by.

Cheers

Nelson
recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

Rata-tat-tat

Nelson hope you feel better... from a drummers perspective... don't play the drums. Of course there are some benefits of having numb hands... I'll let you guys use your imagination on that one LOL.
recorder
Tascam DP-02