MET US

Started by Tony W, July 01, 2011, 11:54:54 AM

Flash Harry

It's incredible, Mark travelled 1000 miles to get to you Tony, I think Geir probably only did 600 miles to get to my house and he lives in Scandanavia. James travelled 300 and he lives in Scotland. Tharek probably did the least at under 200. We Brits just don't get distance at all.

You're missing two important elements re: recording and posting - Geir who is a mixing man-machine and Mr Higgins who's inner puppy has to tell eveyone everything as it's happening all the time.

Great video, vodka always makes me look better, and sing better and play better....

And that was off a single SM57 or just the drums of a single SM57?
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Bluesberry

damn that sounds good guys..........damn good.........flipping hell Tony, your guitar sounds wonderful here.  You guys sound like a proper band here.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Bluesberry

great vid......you guys are having too much fun.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Geir

Quote from: Flash Harry on July 03, 2011, 04:43:05 AMIt's incredible, Mark travelled 1000 miles to get to you Tony, I think Geir probably only did 600 miles to get to my house and he lives in Scandanavia. James travelled 300 and he lives in Scotland. Tharek probably did the least at under 200. We Brits just don't get distance at all.
I think Mark probably travelled at the same speed as my average tho ... And I flew most of the distance !!! ;)

Great vid of you Mark !!! And that was fun hearing you guys play together !!! WOW ... yeah Agree with Dave nice guitarwork Tony !!! You guys DO sound like a band !!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

launched

Thanks, guys - I'm glad to see that we are amusing everyone properly! Having a good time out here, Tony is fantastic host.

Quote from: Flash Harry on July 03, 2011, 04:43:05 AMAnd that was off a single SM57 or just the drums of a single SM57?

Quickly mono mixed with on mic on the drums and three more channels of bass, guitar and vox. Came out pretty good for three people that had no idea what they were going to play.

Hope to work on some more music today!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Flash Harry

Quote from: launched on July 03, 2011, 07:12:13 AMthree people that had no idea what they were going to play.

Isn't that the normal way?

Is there another way? Am I missing something?
- Kurt Vonnegut.

launched

Quote from: Flash Harry on July 03, 2011, 07:18:48 AM
Quote from: launched on July 03, 2011, 07:12:13 AMthree people that had no idea what they were going to play.

Isn't that the normal way?

Is there another way? Am I missing something?

True, so true!
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Tony W

Quote from: Geir on July 03, 2011, 05:51:28 AMGreat vid of you Mark !!! And that was fun hearing you guys play together !!! WOW ... yeah Agree with Dave nice guitarwork Tony !!! You guys DO sound like a band !!

I blame the guitar work on Mark. He taught me the song then cleaned up all my mistakes. It took quite a few takes for me to lay a passable track, then he performed what I consider to be magic.

His patience is astounding, and besides an unhealthy case of stinky feet and a Paul Ruben count in.... He's awesome to have around.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Flash Harry

I want some of his hair.
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Oldrottenhead

i could do with some of his hair too, i thought it was just me that was winging it, sir flash gives off an air of knowing exactly what everyone is doing, even before they decide to do what they decide to do.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann