The Positive-Vibes-Toward-the-Adminstrators Thread.

Started by Blooby, June 28, 2011, 08:33:44 AM

Flash Harry

64 Guitars is the true hero here, he organises most things, tweaks the pages, manages the automatics - we had an episode a while back where we were getting spammers and other unpleasant people signing up for nefarious puposes. 64G plugged Songcrafters into resources on the Internet which checks every new sign up and prevents these people getting access. It means that we are protected from malware and spam adverts which would spoil and diminish this site and put your computers at risk.
I mention this by way of an illustration of the work that he does.

Cuthbert and ORH keep an eye on things, remove spam accounts, bring issues to the attention of the rest of us, generally assist in the management and moderation (not much of that needed) of the site and contribute actively to the discussions that we have continually about how the site looks and feels, ideas for improvement (or not!).

I have to thank all of them for their hard work and time - all freely offered and gratefully accepted - that they put into Songcrafters. It would not be the place it is if it wasn't for these guys.

And I would like to thank all the members, particularly the active ones.  You have all made an invaluable contribution and I hope that you all continue to do so.

We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

thetworegs

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Tony W

Not that the rest of the Admin team are slackers, you guys tickle my pickle, but 64 is above and beyond any kind of administrator I have ever seen before.

The features that he adds to the site are absolutely incredible. He invents them. It's one thing to snag a good idea from another forum, or install a package that somebody else wrote, just to make things easier or better, but what he does is way beyond that point. Anyone can run a forum, I've proven that. It takes a special kind of talent to do the shit he's done. Add to that, he's not only willing to share his successful functionality, he's actually spent time on my forum adding in some of his handy work there. That's a class act.

Flash, you hold a special place in my heart for the funding of the site.

Jim, your inner puppy sometimes pisses me off, but usually makes me laugh and keeps me entertained.

Cuthbert, adding you on the team was a fantastic plan. You may be the quiet one, but when you have something to say or add, it's always well thought out, and in the best interest of the forum.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Facemask93

Hip , Hip , Hooray for the Guvnors of Songcrafters , long live 64 , he really is the main man , cheers geez

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

Oldrottenhead

yup 64 is the man, he has done things on this site previously considered impossible, an issue we had when we researched it, all feedback came back "it can't be done". well 64 did it.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

T.C. Elliott

ALL of the admins deserve a big thank you.

THANK YOU

See... it's big!!!
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Ferryman

To (mis) quote the Young Ones, "Hands up who likes 64G and the rest of the admin team?". Definite "YES" from me.

Well done guys, thanks for all your hard work.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

IanR

I wholeheartedly add my agreeance to the comments already provided and will add that even thoough that other debate was a bit tedious at times, I enjoyed that fact that it was allowed to happen and that it was taken seriously.  It went against the anonimity that usually pervades the internet and instead promoted and fostered the community that many of you (and I from a less participatory way) are so connected to.

Well done you all.

recorder
PreSonus Studio 1824
recorder
PreSonus FaderPort 8
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

64Guitars

Thanks everyone. I really appreciate the kind comments. Special thanks to Blooby for starting this topic, and to Flash Harry, oldrottenhead, and cuthbert for their help and support in making Songcrafters the best music community on the web.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website