Vote for the July/August "Theme/Genre" festival

Started by 64Guitars, June 27, 2011, 02:32:00 PM

64Guitars

It's time to vote for our next two festivals which will run from July 2 to August 31. Voting starts now and runs for 4 days. You can change your vote any time until the closing of the poll on July 1st. To do so, click "Remove vote" to cancel your previous vote, then vote again.

This poll is for the "Theme/Genre" festival. There is a separate poll for the "Artists/Covers" festival here:

https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=11596.0

Please vote in both polls.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

OsCKilO

I'll be a one trick pony for this one....

Folk fest for me...
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Burtog

recorder
Boss BR-800

dasilvasings

define folk (seriously!). Is it a bloke with a moustache and an acoustic guitar? Is there space for electro-techno-punk versions of folk hits?
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Greeny

I've come over all folky recently. I blame it on meeting Tharek again!

Greeny

Quote from: dasilvasings on June 27, 2011, 06:33:34 PMdefine folk (seriously!). Is it a bloke with a moustache and an acoustic guitar?

No... that's just a decription of me at an open-mic, lol.

For me, folk is any indigenous music that has a style distinct to a particular place / geography. It's pretty broad. Blues is folk music IMO.

Oldrottenhead

proggressive rock is folk too. well jethro tull's songs from the woods comes to mind.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Geir

Quote from: dasilvasings on June 27, 2011, 06:33:34 PMdefine folk (seriously!). Is it a bloke with a moustache and an acoustic guitar? Is there space for electro-techno-punk versions of folk hits?
it's either a moustach ... or a fiddle .... but not both ::)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann