Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots (The Flaming Lips)

Started by Bluesberry, June 26, 2011, 06:19:12 PM

Bluesberry

Yoshimi BTP Robots
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Another Backer I made on my microBR.  I made these backers shortly after getting my mBR, it was like a learning exercise, I made up quite a few over a 6 month period.  I was just really learning as I went, I put the damn bass off to the left, thats how much of a noob I was ...lol.  Ah well, maybe somebody can get some use out of them.  I used to jam along to these.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oldrottenhead

yoshimi
Time:
0:00
Volume:
i know and love this song so well, i transferred it to my mbr and hit record in 1 take and it probably shows but i was trying to get the fragility of the vocal on the original song, if i get time i will try add some juno and other stuff. but i like this almost unpluggged take. magic bb. hope i haven't spoiled it.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Bluesberry

Quote from: oldrottenhead on June 27, 2011, 06:00:34 AMhope i haven't spoiled it.
Ahhhhh, Jim thats beautiful man.  There is no way you could spoil this.  I love it man.  You should post it up in Covers.  Thats why we are putting these up in this section, anybody can have a them and do what ever they want.  I made this backer a couple of years ago, I used to play and sing along to it in my kitchen.  It is one of my son's favorite songs.  You have made me smile big time this morning.  Put some Juno stuff on to finish it off, nice synthy stuff, a little solo action, and then put it up in Covers.  Please.  That ending goes of for a while doesn't it, great job.  

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oldrottenhead

the ending threw me lol but i just kept going lol.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Oldrottenhead

and we can post it in covers when the rest is added,
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

Bluesberry

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand