orh's 10,000 post: something's gotta change by flash harry and oldrottenhead

Started by Oldrottenhead, June 25, 2011, 05:17:54 PM

Flash Harry

Quote from: Tony W on June 25, 2011, 06:24:19 PMAt Simple Machines Forums Website
There is nothing regarding a bug when
Hitting 10,000 posts. I looked
Everywhere on the web that
I could find, and found no bugs
So I suppose It's plausible
That you have actually reached God Status

I just noticed that 64G must have fixed something

All this talk, and nobody will understand
My commentary unless they see the pic on page 1.

Cuthbert, 64 guitars and I were planning a surprise for James on his 10000th post, initially we thought that we would not let him get to 10000 by modifying the software to display a count down from 10000, but that was going to be too difficult, there were too many places to modify so 64Guitars suggested removing his avatar and display of the number of posts. We were going to remove all of his posts but didn't in the end.

There's no bug, just a smart programmer on the team. The modiied code is now removed and all is back to normal.

We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Flash Harry

Quote from: guitarron on June 25, 2011, 07:17:35 PMreally a nice song-how did you do the drums-like the bouncy bass part and sparse piano
very nice collab guys

The drums were programmed in Hydrogen, exported as midi and squirted through my Roland TD9 kit. The audio out was recorded
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

T.C. Elliott

What a great song. This builds so eloquently. I love the sparse arrangement, the vox, the lyric, the... everything. A great 10k post.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Oldrottenhead

the admin team got me good, after i posted my 10k post things started getting strange, i had to log in again and then the cold sweats started, then tonyw's post  brought back to mind the millenium bug.
i thought it's a bug. hook line and sinker you landed me without any bait.

i love you all.
Quote from: Crash Harry on June 26, 2011, 03:25:09 AM
Quote from: Tony W on June 25, 2011, 06:24:19 PMAt Simple Machines Forums Website
There is nothing regarding a bug when
Hitting 10,000 posts. I looked
Everywhere on the web that
I could find, and found no bugs
So I suppose It's plausible
That you have actually reached God Status

I just noticed that 64G must have fixed something

All this talk, and nobody will understand
My commentary unless they see the pic on page 1.

Cuthbert, 64 guitars and I were planning a surprise for James on his 10000th post, initially we thought that we would not let him get to 10000 by modifying the software to display a count down from 10000, but that was going to be too difficult, there were too many places to modify so 64Guitars suggested removing his avatar and display of the number of posts. We were going to remove all of his posts but didn't in the end.

There's no bug, just a smart programmer on the team. The modiied code is now removed and all is back to normal.

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Bluesberry

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

64Guitars

Quote from: oldrottenhead on June 26, 2011, 05:44:15 AMthe admin team got me good, after i posted my 10k post things started getting strange, i had to log in again and then the cold sweats started, then tonyw's post  brought back to mind the millenium bug.
i thought it's a bug. hook line and sinker you landed me without any bait.

It didn't work quite as we'd planned. It was supposed to make all of your posts show as "Guest" so you'd think your account was deleted somehow. I think it would have worked properly if you were a regular member, but because you're an admin, it didn't show the word "Guest" alongside your posts. But in every other way, your posts looked the same as if your account had been deleted.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Bluesberry

we all thought he transcended into the musical heavens.......on a cloud.........with harps playing beside him.........

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Gnasty

Hahahaha! Too bad that trick didn`t fully work out the way you wanted but still damn funny!!

I forgot to comment that the vibe on this song is amazing. Great work on the music Flash. Those drums sound awesome and sounds like a submarine adventure at the end. Your vocal style cuts through this very nicely Jim and congrats again!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Ferryman

Jim, you know what really happens - you reach 10,000 posts and you sublime!

Great post for your 10K, very atmospheric and I love that wandering keyboard sound. As others said, very Gabriel-esque, excellent vocal performance. Lovely stuff and congrats on being the "Mind" of the forum!

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR