U2 'live' at Glastonbury!

Started by Burtog, June 24, 2011, 03:13:28 PM

Burtog

So I beleive it's coldplay on the pyramid stage tonite, might watch them but not a big fan these days. Got a feeling they will work well on the big stage tho.

Beyonce is headline on Sunday night can't get my head around that.
recorder
Boss BR-800

chip

Quote from: Burtog on June 25, 2011, 05:26:44 AMSo I beleive it's coldplay on the pyramid stage tonite, might watch them but not a big fan these days. Got a feeling they will work well on the big stage tho.

Beyonce is headline on Sunday night can't get my head around that.
Looking forward to Beyonce.

Playing with the band tonight so I will not have to suffer Coldplay thank you. :'(
Sweet young thing aint sweet no more.

Jim1970

Quote from: Bluesberry on June 24, 2011, 07:42:19 PMYou know what guys, my two favorites are Achtung Baby and Zooropa.  I guess my love for quirky and proggy is showing.  As far as I am concerned those two are the most advernturous and even, dare I say it, interesting.  I flipping love this song, one of my favorite U2 songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbO4-3i0M50

[/quote
Quote from: Bluesberry on June 24, 2011, 07:42:19 PMYou know what guys, my two favorites are Achtung Baby and Zooropa.  I guess my love for quirky and proggy is showing.  As far as I am concerned those two are the most advernturous and even, dare I say it, interesting.  I flipping love this song, one of my favorite U2 songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbO4-3i0M50

That is also my favorite U2 Period!!!  I just love that song!!!!

Jim from Jersey
Now on SoundClick and Reverbnation
http://members.soundclick.com/jmarciniec1970
http://www.reverbnation.com/jamesmarciniec
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

AndyR

Well, I missed Coldplay (Shame! :D - not really into them).

I agree U2 seemed a bit tired, but they're getting on a bit. I saw them the night that New Year's Day went to number one - stunning gig (and Edge throwing a strop and walking off because Bono got a guitar out and announced "Johnny B Goode" to celebrate - and it wasn't a bad version :D).

My wife's really into them, but Achtung Baby is the last thing of theirs I bought willingly.

I enjoyed their set, but it didn't make me jump up and down wanting to listen to any albums. Anyone else notice that a lot of songs have gone down a key or two? :D

But the BIG surprise for me was Beyonce. I accidentally switched over after we watched a DVD (Time Bandits if anyone's interested). The missus went to bed well I went through the extras. Then I flipped to BBC2. I thought "oh it's that dance music woman...", but I was transfixed.

If you'd asked me before last night, I'd have been the same as Burtog - Beyonce, wtf?

But, wow, what a performer, what a band, and WHAT a voice. I'm not going to be buying any albums, it's not quite my thing, but she's got my respect big time. Really enjoyed it.

And as the set finished, we cut to the BBC presenters. Little blonde cutsie (Lauren somebody, I think?) was as gushing about it as I felt. But the other presenter, complete nobhead, don't know who he is, but I switched over everytime he came on over the weekend - could barely conceal his "they shouldn't let this sh1t on at Glastonbury" :D ... he managed to confirm and nicely round off the impression I'd formed of him since Friday night!

I'd love to know what Mark Radcliffe had thought of it, even if it wasn't quite his thing I'm sure he'd have had a bit more grace than the idiot.
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Burtog

Quote from: AndyR on June 27, 2011, 12:22:20 PMWell, I missed Coldplay (Shame! :D - not really into them).

I agree U2 seemed a bit tired, but they're getting on a bit. I saw them the night that New Year's Day went to number one - stunning gig (and Edge throwing a strop and walking off because Bono got a guitar out and announced "Johnny B Goode" to celebrate - and it wasn't a bad version :D).

My wife's really into them, but Achtung Baby is the last thing of theirs I bought willingly.

I enjoyed their set, but it didn't make me jump up and down wanting to listen to any albums. Anyone else notice that a lot of songs have gone down a key or two? :D

But the BIG surprise for me was Beyonce. I accidentally switched over after we watched a DVD (Time Bandits if anyone's interested). The missus went to bed well I went through the extras. Then I flipped to BBC2. I thought "oh it's that dance music woman...", but I was transfixed.

If you'd asked me before last night, I'd have been the same as Burtog - Beyonce, wtf?

But, wow, what a performer, what a band, and WHAT a voice. I'm not going to be buying any albums, it's not quite my thing, but she's got my respect big time. Really enjoyed it.

And as the set finished, we cut to the BBC presenters. Little blonde cutsie (Lauren somebody, I think?) was as gushing about it as I felt. But the other presenter, complete nobhead, don't know who he is, but I switched over everytime he came on over the weekend - could barely conceal his "they shouldn't let this sh1t on at Glastonbury" :D ... he managed to confirm and nicely round off the impression I'd formed of him since Friday night!

I'd love to know what Mark Radcliffe had thought of it, even if it wasn't quite his thing I'm sure he'd have had a bit more grace than the idiot.

I think it might have been Zane Lowe who criticised her, I watched first half an hour and to be honest she didn't do too much for me.........although I dont mind her as a person, she doesn't appear to be up her arse or anything. U2 probably ended up being the best of the headliners.

I saw U2 at earls court on 2000/2001, can't remember the tour name but it was for the album 'all that you can't leave behind' which I quite liked.
recorder
Boss BR-800