Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Gritter

By the time I was old enough to get into the clubs, Punk had morphed into what was known as Hardcore, merging elements of Speed Metal and thrash, aka Skate Punk.

Here's one of my favourites. Their debut was as close as I've ever got to buying a Metal album...and it was oh so much fun to listen to at full volume as a rebellious 16 year old.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoF_a0-7xVQ

Hey the dad in the video is the late Jack Nance!

Oldrottenhead

im a fan of david lynch and never until now realised the same guy played both parts.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Saijinn Maas

Frickin loved Suicidal! I still listen to them regularly, especially when I am driving. Good shit right there. ;)

Ferryman

Quote from: Greeny on June 28, 2011, 07:04:38 AMNot at all, lol. The whole 'who invented punk' thing is a very tricky subject. Some will say MC5 and the Stooges then trace a line to The Ramones and Johnny Thunders / New York Dolls.

The Ramones started up in 1974 - they were 'punk' before any of the Sex Pistols / Damned stuff hit Britain in 1976.

It is an interesting one. Everyone cites the Pistols, but they were in fact a manufactured band, if it hadn't been for Lydon giving them a real edge and Matlock writing some great songs they would have not been noticed. Once Matlock went and Vicious joined they became a comedy act. "First wave" punk was already dying.

In the UK, the Damned, Chelsea and the Vibrators were the real early UK punk bands for me (the first two can be traced back to a band called "London SS"). Like the Ramones, the Stooges were a huge influence as were the New York Dolls, Tony James and Brian James from London SS both cited them as a big influence. And of course McLaren managed the New York Dolls for a while, so many roads point back to them. So the Stooges and the NYD are the ultimate progenitors of punk IMO.

Don't know much about the Saints but they were definitely up there as one of the very first punk bands in the 70s.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Flash Harry

Jilted John - My hero. Our physics teacher at school was called Gordon. He loved the song too.... I think.

John Shuttleworth as he is now does some wonderfuls stuff, but I don't think it could be called punk....

We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Saijinn Maas

Quote from: Ferryman on June 29, 2011, 02:32:25 AMEveryone cites the Pistols, but they were in fact a manufactured band...

By the time I got to high school, the common thought among most was that the Sex Pistols were punk's New Kids on the Block.

Oldrottenhead

nice one mike john shuttleworth aka jilted john is the embodiement of all us oldies on here recording in our sheds. and still singing relevant stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-K4cEocL5kI
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

IanR

Quote from: Greeny on June 28, 2011, 07:04:38 AM
Quote from: flopsybunny on June 28, 2011, 06:49:44 AMgot your dander up eh?????

Not at all, lol. The whole 'who invented punk' thing is a very tricky subject. Some will say MC5 and the Stooges then trace a line to The Ramones and Johnny Thunders / New York Dolls.

The Ramones started up in 1974 - they were 'punk' before any of the Sex Pistols / Damned stuff hit Britain in 1976.

I think The Sonics had the punk ethos and rough-and-ready sound in the mid 60's though.

Sorry - I wasn't trying to be confrontational :-)

I know it

I reckon our fathers might say that Eddie Cochran was the first punk.

Our grandfathers might say it was Frank Sinatra.

recorder
PreSonus Studio 1824
recorder
PreSonus FaderPort 8
recorder
PreSonus Studio One