Punk

Started by Geir, June 24, 2011, 12:04:11 PM

Geir

Maybe I'm getting old and cynical ........

"punk hit like a breath of fresh air" some old man said in another thread ;), and tho I agree to some point, looking back it also was a bit like :

the punks said: "hey those prog-rockers are lame, they have those looooooong songs ... we can't have that, and they actually sing really good .. can't have that either, and man can they play .. let's just bang our fists against the strings the fastest we can ... "

much of it sounded like that anyway .... did some good tho' ...

.......... and some record-company excecutives earned a sh!tload of money

(I'll run and hide now)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

FuzzFace

One word:  Backlash.

Rata-tat-tat

Hey G... I resemble these remarks... Now I must go bang on something. I'm still waiting for that Sh#t load of money to come my way.

.... maybe I should become a record company executive... Maybe I should learn to play an instrument... Maybe I should spandex back as a fashion statement...

Ooops my bad... Punk Rock... how about the spike.

recorder
Tascam DP-02

Rata-tat-tat

Ok... maybe I should just learn to play an instrument.
recorder
Tascam DP-02

Tony W

that was your 1000th post? Maybe I should just learn to play an instrument....... LOL Awesome!

You've embodied Punk to a T

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Geir

sorry Sandy, I was a little quick to post this. I actually do like a lot of punk, and I sure as hell like the concept, got me started in many ways back in the 70s, but I had a discussion the other day about the "pretintious" prog-rockers and how the punks were "fresh" ..... well I don't buy it, well not entierly anyway ....
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

launched

I like both kinds of music. Country AND Western.
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Rata-tat-tat

Quote from: Geir the scruffy Viking on June 24, 2011, 12:41:07 PMsorry Sandy, I was a little quick to post this. I actually do like a lot of punk, and I sure as hell like the concept, got me started in many ways back in the 70s, but I had a discussion the other day about the "pretintious" prog-rockers and how the punks were "fresh" ..... well I don't buy it, well not entierly anyway ....

Fresh is a state of mind... sometimes for the mindless.
recorder
Tascam DP-02