The Noble Art of Self Destruction

Started by Greeny, December 17, 2008, 05:14:41 AM

SteveG

Lead has not got to be flashy, it has to fit the song, and this did. Great work both, lived the bass on this one. 5 star work for sure.

jackofall

Ditto to all of these comments. As good as anything that makes bands loads of money!
If the human brain was simple enough for us to understand, we'd be so simple, we couldn't...

Ferryman

Just came back to this and have to echo all the other comments. This is a really good song, yah boo sucks to anyone that says you can't play lead good enough, including you. This sounds just great, you've got a great feel going on there. Creativity is far more important than being able to jam hundreds of notes in a solo, and you have creativity by the bucketload. And the video is hysterical, a great addition.

Now here's my sensible side coming out - I love what you are doing with all the vids but do you forsee any copyright issues if you post this stuff on YouTube?

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Greeny

Quote from: Ferryman_1957 on January 10, 2009, 05:29:44 AMNow here's my sensible side coming out - I love what you are doing with all the vids but do you forsee any copyright issues if you post this stuff on YouTube?

I figure I'll get told to take them down if anyone is upset at the 'borrowed' content. I ripped all the footage from YouTube in the first place though, so it's already been up there for a while  ;)

Thanks for the nice comments everyone! Well chuffed!

Flash Harry

It's as whacky as a whacky thing Tim.

What great fun!

Where did you find it?

We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Greeny

It's a 1963 Canadian Bike Safety Video. I saw the footage a while back on a strange arts / culture site I like (my favourite site - apart from this one!):

http://www.boingboing.net/

I remembered it, found it, and it seemed to fit...

Oldrottenhead

tim, you obviously have great taste in arthouse movies and midgets so when are we getting a david lynch clip to your sounds.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Greeny

Quote from: oldrottenhead on January 14, 2009, 07:35:16 AMtim, you obviously have great taste in arthouse movies and midgets so when are we getting a david lynch clip to your sounds.

:D You got me there ORH!!!!! I was looking at some Eraserhead footage and the dream sequence from Twin Peaks and trying to figure out what they would fit with. I also like the strange little interludes from Mulholland Drive, so it's only a matter of time before I do some Lynch-mashing. have a few things I'm determined to use... including 'The Wicker Man', Todd Browning's 1936 film 'Freaks', and 'Nosferatu'. Oh... and Werner Herzog. He's even weirder than David Lynch. This is my favourite clip (from a really f*cked up film...). Nothing actually happens in it, but it's the stuff of nightmares  :D .........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJuaZKBABO0

Oldrottenhead

i love herzog too, "even dwarfs start small" is a great movie.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Greeny

Quote from: oldrottenhead on January 14, 2009, 09:00:38 AMi love herzog too, "even dwarfs start small" is a great movie.

You're the only person I've ever known who's even heard of it! (...apart from my girlfriend who has the Herzog box set) :D

It's a great film. And one of those that stays with you forever.