The Noble Art of Self Destruction

Started by Greeny, December 17, 2008, 05:14:41 AM

Greeny

TIM GREEN_the noble art of self destruction with Mike
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Something a little different - just to mix things up a bit. This is me and Flash Harry rocking out to a spiky, angry little tune of mine. Remember - I really CAN'T play lead very well, so what's important here is the attitude, aggression  and the emotion in the playing (it's basically, me bending and thrashing the hell out of my Hofner, with Flash giving it some welly on the bass...)  :D

We had a lot of fun with this!

Bluesberry

Quotejust to mix things up a bit
This is too good to be just a mix things up kind of song.  Guys have made whole careers (and a lot money) out of songs exactly like this.  I am thinking Oaisis, not so much for the sound (because it is still so Greeny), but the attitude.  Your voice, your guitar, your lyrics, that great driving bass.  This one is a certifiable hit.  You are a major talent that is bursting out right in front of our eyes on this little forum.  Very, very good.  Get this out to the world.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Greeny

Quote from: Bluesberry on December 17, 2008, 05:47:57 AM
Quotejust to mix things up a bit
This is too good to be just a mix things up kind of song.  Guys have made whole careers (and a lot money) out of songs exactly like this.  I am thinking Oaisis, not so much for the sound (because it is still so Greeny), but the attitude.  Your voice, your guitar, your lyrics, that great driving bass.  This one is a certifiable hit.  You are a major talent that is bursting out right in front of our eyes on this little forum.  Very, very good.  Get this out to the world.

Wow - you've got me all shy and embarrassed now.  :-[

Thank you so much. You give me a real confidence boost, which is what I've been lacking for the first 40 years of my life.

Dmann

This reminds me of the doors first impression ;D I was waiting for a harmonica piece hehe.

Your leads sound fine to me, fits the song perfectly. nice listen, I'll be importing to jam a bit :)

beleg

Oldrottenhead

i can relate to this one tim, must chuck the caffeine, nicotene, alcohol etc etc, especially now im all growd up.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

ronhh

Tim...may be time to consider flushing the day job, and getting about the music business at hand.  Awesome dude.  You almost have enough for your own playlist on my iPod.  I need about one or two more hahahahaha.   
"Honest honey, this is the last guitar I'll ever buy"

Greeny

Thanks Ron  :)

I've just started album number 4 in my new 'BR era', so there are plenty more songs coming!

And that doesn't count an album of covers - for which I'm waiting for more collaboration opportunities! Hint hint!  ;)

Greeny

Couldn't resist adding this. Last one. Honestly. Probably  :D

Flash Harry and I had a lot of fun with this track, so I think the video is quite fitting.... strange but funny....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iM9tWS3pTcc

bydle

Well, maybe your lead playing is not perfect in some way but it fits the song perfectly. I couldn't imagine to make it better. That's a very good song and video  :)