Choking On Your Poop Strip (Born To Be Different) with launched

Started by henwrench, June 23, 2011, 05:23:59 AM

Pine

Quote from: Ferryman on June 23, 2011, 08:45:30 AMI listened with trepidation as I read some of the puke comments beforehand. But I loved it, the bass playing is wonderful Mark and the whole thing is demented but great fun. Great collab guys, this works really well. The title is indeed quite unique in a disquieting way. But that is no bad thing.

This sums it it up quite well! My thoughts to a tee. The "fun factor" is way high in this...just love the whole rather English retro sound but with sort of a punky twist. All parts and production were quite nicely done. Add to that the subject matter....and you have what all us Indie's aspire to..a creative, original, and well done song to be proud of. Congrats! great collab!

Pine
recorder
Boss BR-1200

cuthbert

Quote from: Bluesberry on June 23, 2011, 09:04:26 AM
Quote from: cuthbert on June 23, 2011, 09:01:38 AMI was privileged to hear a snippet of this without lyrics.
did it leave an ugly brown smear?

Well, I knew it wouldn't be a ballad...  ;)
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Greeny

Quote from: cuthbert on June 23, 2011, 09:01:38 AMI get a peaceful, queasy feeling

I thought the girl in the lyric was just a bit desperado, but it appears she's already gone, lol

Bluesberry

I get a Warm smell of colitas, rising up through the air when I listen

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Glenn Mitchell

Lol, The great chording brought me in. The vox is great too. (reminds me of the Vancouver band Chilliwak) Very sweet melody. Top marks for original subject but a bit graphic depending on your intended audience. Lol
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Cakewalk Sonar platinum

https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks

Tony W

I'd say something witty, clever, commending, blah the only thing that comes to mind is poop strip poop strip I'm choking on your poop strip.

I'll be singing that all day.

Thanks dickhead.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

launched

Quote from: Tony W on June 23, 2011, 09:44:51 AMI'd say something witty, clever, commending, blah the only thing that comes to mind is poop strip poop strip I'm choking on your poop strip.

I'll be singing that all day.

Thanks dickhead.

And that, my friend, made my day! ;D
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Tony W

I thought I pluralized it. It should read "Thanks Dickheads"

poop strip poop strip I'm choking on your poop strip

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Rata-tat-tat

Nice one guys... crazy lyrics... great tune. Mark great job on the vox. Henny nice backing vox... great production.... I'm gonna go choke on something now and write a song about it.
recorder
Tascam DP-02

Kenny B

This is an excellent song ... great guitars, vocals, sound, mixing and everything!

Nice collab!!!

kb
recorder
Zoom MRS-1266
recorder
Boss Micro BR