recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Geir

Quote from: Bluesberry on June 27, 2011, 04:51:53 AM
Quote from: Greeny on June 27, 2011, 04:50:33 AMBackups are for girls, lol.
hahahaha....or girly men
lol ... or compulsive hoarders of ones and zeroes ::)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

launched

Quote from: Geir on June 27, 2011, 05:22:46 AM
Quote from: Bluesberry on June 27, 2011, 04:51:53 AM
Quote from: Greeny on June 27, 2011, 04:50:33 AMBackups are for girls, lol.
hahahaha....or girly men
lol ... or compulsive hoarders of ones and zeroes ::)

I'm starting to feel the same way. I have all this sh*t recorded and I'll never go back to it. They're all yesterday's news except for the one I'm working on at the present! But I always listen to the .wavs.

Good point considering a song folder can reach a GB or more.
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

64Guitars

Quote from: Geir on June 27, 2011, 04:43:30 AM
Quote from: 64Guitars on June 25, 2011, 10:24:44 PM..., what about all the backups you've made of your Micro BR memory cards? It's not yet known if those can be restored to the BR-80. So I'd hang onto the Micro BR.
you still can use the BR wave converter on your backups, then there's the drums ... wasn't there a utility I haven't had time to test yet ... to make it possible to load the mbr drum-patterns into the drum editor ... or was I dreaming  :-\

Yes. I recently made a Windows front-end for the command-line drum utility you're referring to.

https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=5758.msg150467#msg150467

Of course, I don't know if the BR-80's drum files are compatible with either the Micro BR or the BR Rhythm Editor and BR-600/800/864/900. I imagine they will be, but there's no way to know for sure until it's available and I can see the files it creates.

Anyway, the point I was making is that, instead of trying to convert all of your songs before you sell your Micro BR or give it away, it would be more convenient to just keep the Micro BR and convert your songs only when the need arises.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Tony W

Well, I thought I was going to  be a greedy fuck and keep my MBR when the 80 arrived. It took me less than 3 days to find a more appropriate use for it. I handed it off to a fellow musician who's less fortunate than myself.

Goodbye precious, serve your next master well.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

nice one tony, i'd like to think i would do something similar whenever i upgrade.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Gritter

Unless there is some trade-in plan to get the BR-80 I'll be keeping mine. The Micro BR is better than fine for me and it's paid for.

peterp

+1
Unless some really good deal comes along I have decided to curtail  most GAS activities at least for a while.
Have too much "stuff" already that gathers much dust.

Though I did try to buy bongos on the weekend (and failed!)

Quote from: Gritter on July 17, 2011, 01:29:15 PMUnless there is some trade-in plan to get the BR-80 I'll be keeping mine. The Micro BR is better than fine for me and it's paid for.

recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Quote from: - Newton Minow, head of FCC 1961"Television, America's vast wasteland"

FuzzFace

Quote from: Gritter on July 17, 2011, 01:29:15 PMUnless there is some trade-in plan to get the BR-80 I'll be keeping mine. The Micro BR is better than fine for me and it's paid for.

For a while I was imagining that 8-tracks would be total liberation.

However now I am able to envision all the parts of a song and keep adding them to virtual tracks as long as I have the drums and rhythm tracks as a foundation.  The MBR doesn't let me hear all the tracks, so I only get to hear them once I import them into Audacity.  But that works for me.

if I were to invest in my home studio, the BR-80 would probably not be my next choice.

visiblemember

I've been working with the mbr-80 for the last three or four days. I'm not happy with it. Luckily, I don't own it. I'm keeping my mbr.

Clarify:
         1) I really like producing an MP3 right out of the MBR.  The MBR-80 doesn't do that. This is the deal breaker for me when I compare it to the MBR. 

2) I was really hoping for 3/4 drum patterns. maybe firmware updates could change that. I don't know enough to say more.

No boubt, I have been enjoying the MBR-80. The vocal effects and stereo mics are a big addition as well as the changes to delay effects. I'd like to see ZOOM come out with something like the MBR in the future. I can wait.

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.