Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Greeny

Mine will still get plenty of use - maybe as a travel companion or a rough sketch recorder. There's no way I'll part with the little bugger now, that's for sure. It's been emotional, lol.

64Guitars

I'd recommend keeping it. For one thing, the effects and patches are different. If you get rid of it, you might miss some of the Micro BR effects that you became used to using. Also, what if your BR-80 is stolen or broken? It would be nice to still have the Micro BR around as a backup. Speaking of backups, what about all the backups you've made of your Micro BR memory cards? It's not yet known if those can be restored to the BR-80. So I'd hang onto the Micro BR.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Redler

I'm sure I'm keeping it! It is like a good and trusty friend - it gave me a huge impact to start writing songs, again in 2008. And I think I'm incurable multi tracker collector ;)

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ferryman

Ain't getting a BR-80 cos I have a BR-800. But I still use the MBR for all vocal recordings, so it will be with me for a long time yet.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

henwrench

Quote from: 64Guitars on June 25, 2011, 10:24:44 PMwhat about all the backups you've made of your Micro BR memory cards?

??? ??? back ups?  :D :D Nah, when I've finished something and it's 'done', all that remains is a stereo WAV file and a stereo mp3. Everything else is deleted, trashed, erased, gone.

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Geir

Quote from: 64Guitars on June 25, 2011, 10:24:44 PM..., what about all the backups you've made of your Micro BR memory cards? It's not yet known if those can be restored to the BR-80. So I'd hang onto the Micro BR.
you still can use the BR wave converter on your backups, then there's the drums ... wasn't there a utility I haven't had time to test yet ... to make it possible to load the mbr drum-patterns into the drum editor ... or was I dreaming  :-\
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Bluesberry

Quote from: henwrench on June 27, 2011, 04:33:49 AM
Quote from: 64Guitars on June 25, 2011, 10:24:44 PMwhat about all the backups you've made of your Micro BR memory cards?

??? ??? back ups?  :D :D Nah, when I've finished something and it's 'done', all that remains is a stereo WAV file and a stereo mp3. Everything else is deleted, trashed, erased, gone.

henwrench
I am afraid to say that I do the same thing.......

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Greeny

I'm with henny - I have finished songs or nothing. Backups are for girls, lol.