'The Greatest Show on Earth'

Started by Greeny, December 15, 2008, 09:35:18 AM

Greeny

TIM GREEN_The Greatest Show on Earth with Mike
Time:
0:00
Volume:
It's hard to live up to a title like that, but here goes...  :D

An original song song of mine, with Flash Harry ripping the skin off his fingers on the bass, and me doing the rest. There's some circus fanfare trickery at the start, but then it's pretty much business as usual... i.e. semi-psychedelic telecaster jingle-jangle  ;)

hardlock

In a word, Beautiful!  :)

Nice Beatles influence in there with the harmonies, very moving.

Are the drums played live?  If so miked from the BR or external?  Or if from the BR, nice editing.  Can't tell from the real thing.  8)
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

Greeny

Quote from: hardlock on December 15, 2008, 05:53:07 PMIn a word, Beautiful!  :)

Nice Beatles influence in there with the harmonies, very moving.

Are the drums played live?  If so miked from the BR or external?  Or if from the BR, nice editing.  Can't tell from the real thing.  8)

Thanks for the kind comments - yep... can't mistake my Beatles influences here! The ideal for me would be Beach Boys harmonies on Beatles songs  :D

The drums are 'STD1' rhythm patterns all inside the BR. I think I might have added a bit of Reverb on them to give them a slightly spacier / trippier feel though. It takes a while to get to grips with the pattern editing, but once you've nailed it, the possibilities are amazing.

Oldrottenhead

prolific or what, you must be writing an album a week, you are catcching up wi me and ryan adams. great stuff again tim
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

If you want I could record you some drums for that, I got a pretty nice set up for recording my kit. Loving the song btw.

T.C. Elliott

I'm not trying to bump old songs (from well before I joined the site) but this was a good one, so smooth.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Zoltan

This is a great bump! Greeny has such a vast catalogue of great songs that if i'd get into it the bumping would never stop :D
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper