'Rain Stopped Play'

Started by Greeny, December 15, 2008, 09:11:30 AM

Greeny

TIM GREEN_rain stopped play
Time:
0:00
Volume:
You know how it is. 3am... guitar in hand... switch on the BR and just play. Too tired to scroll through effects or add rhythm. So here it is... a song played on the default 'super clean' effect, with no drums. Somehow it seemed to work. You may disagree, but I like it  :D

Just me and my tele in the doldrums...

p.s. for non-Brits, 'rain stopped play' is a cricketing term. I hate cricket, but I like the expression as a way of summing-up the utter depression of an English Sunday.

holdempok

As always to me utterly touched. Nice job Tim. 3:00am??? I'm lucky enough to make it past 10:00 pm these days.
Why don't we do it on the road?

tafka

if i can quote Gerry & Syliia Anderson here F.A.B. Tim.
F*****G ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT LYRIC.
hit the middle stump with a yorker.what a delivery.

Tony J.

there is only 1 Kevin Peitersen.
and if the sun should fail to rise against my
shoulders one last time...

Bluesberry

This is a really excellent song.  Writing songs for you must be a biological urge like eating or breathing.  Very evocative, mood inducing, serene.  Its like entering a small hole in the space-time fabric, and floating for the song duration.  And then the painful jar that comes once the song ends as I re-enter my "normal" reality.  I could stay in this song for a while... Thanks for sharing.  Your songs are almost like a drug.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

troy6120

Dude! This is incredible. That Tele sounds perfect. Great, great lyrics. Very vivid. Thanks for this.

Flash Harry

I'm stunned.

It's like the first time I heard the 'Memory of a Free Festival' on the Man Who Sold The World.

The voice in this song just speaks directly to you, like right between the ears as if you're there in the scene.

Tim, you talented bugger. Never give up. You're a real inspiration.

We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Greeny

Thanks guys. It means a lot. More than you can know actually.

And it just goes to show how great and easy the BR is for getting something down when you get hit by a bit of inspiration in the early hours.

And that less is sometimes more  :)

Greeny

Quote from: Bluesberry on December 16, 2008, 12:20:50 PMWriting songs for you must be a biological urge like eating or breathing. 

You've got that bang on (again!). It's such an overwhelming drive that I couldn't even explain why I do it. Like you say, it's almost a biological necessity. And until I came on here, nobody had really listened to them, so it's never been about recognition or money etc. I just love music - I could live and breathe it all day, every day. And I'm pretty sure I'm not alone in that on here  :D

sleepy_monkey

How did you record this?  Into a board then to Micro Br?  Sounds great!

Oldrottenhead

another belter tim,
QuoteWriting songs for you must be a biological urge like eating or breathing.
re that quote check out this one http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7101476 
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann