secrets of the pop song forthcoming documentary on bbc

Started by Oldrottenhead, June 17, 2011, 10:19:51 AM

Oldrottenhead

should be interesting

QuoteBBC Two explores the process of songwriting in new three-part series, Secrets Of The Pop Song, which follows the pen to paper to first public performance. Each episode sees songwriter, producer and musician Guy Chambers, collaborating with an artist to write a new song each week – a ballad, an anthem and a breakthrough single, with a variety of celebrated musical contributors divulging the secrets of the trade along the way.

Acclaimed singer-songwriter Rufus Wainwright joins Guy to write a ballad, The Noisettes link up with him in the studio for the anthem programme and music producer Mark Ronson works alongside him to create a breakthrough single. The series hears from songwriting big-hitters throughout, including Sting, Brian May, Boy George, Neil Tennant, Jessie J and Diane Warren.

http://guychambers.com/news/new-bbc-documentary-secrets-of-the-pop-song/
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Saijinn Maas

That does sound interesting. You guys always get more interesting stuff than we do.

Though I am fairly certain this could have been done in 1 part.

Play G, C, F and A
Write lyrics about either partying, boys, or how no one understands you
Hire a Producer who doesn't mind using pitch correction
Hire a dance teacher who only knows 5 dance moves
Practice Lip sync'ing for concerts
Act like you are better than everyone when in public (underwear optional)
Bam! Pop Star!

:P :P :P :P

Oldrottenhead

it's about writing a popular song. not about being a pop star. burt bacharach might have poor taste in suits but he can write a mighty fine tune, paul simon needs someone to tell him to sort his hair out etc etc

guy chambers has written quite a few really good songs but he is not a pop star he is a songwriter.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Saijinn Maas

Quote from: oldmariahcareyhead on June 17, 2011, 10:38:22 AMit's about writing a popular song. not about being a pop star. burt bacharach might have poor taste in suits but he can write a mighty fine tune, paul simon needs someone to tell him to sort his hair out etc etc

guy chambers has written quite a few really good songs but he is not a pop star he is a songwriter.

I know that. I was just being funny... Apparently I failed... :(

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

Burtog

Quote from: Saijinn Maas on June 17, 2011, 10:32:39 AMThat does sound interesting. You guys always get more interesting stuff than we do.

Though I am fairly certain this could have been done in 1 part.

Play G, C, F and A
Write lyrics about either partying, boys, or how no one understands you
Hire a Producer who doesn't mind using pitch correction
Hire a dance teacher who only knows 5 dance moves
Practice Lip sync'ing for concerts
Act like you are better than everyone when in public (underwear optional)
Bam! Pop Star!

:P :P :P :P

Yeah.......white jeans and dance routines!!!
recorder
Boss BR-800