25th anniversary of The Smiths' *The Queen is dead*

Started by Burtog, June 16, 2011, 03:58:40 PM

Burtog

Just noticed this on the NME website, an interview with Johnny Marr also on the site.

I think this is a fantastic album, awesome songs, awesome guitars, awesome and hilarious lyrics.

The lyrics to songs The Queen is dead and Vicar in a tutu are brilliant, I think the album is a classic!
recorder
Boss BR-800

Oldrottenhead

gawd 25 years old frankly mr shankly i can't believe that
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Burtog

Quote from: oldrottenhead on June 16, 2011, 05:01:34 PMgawd 25 years old frankly mr shankly i can't believe that
'Frankly Mr Shankly'................oh yes, another classic. Think I'm gonna pop this CD in the car and listen on my way to work!
recorder
Boss BR-800

Greeny

This makes me feel sooooo old! It's a superb album, and I've always been a fan of the Smiths. Personally, I prefer 'Meat is Murder' and 'Hatful of Hollow', but this is certainly a classic.

p.s. Like the new Icon pic, Burtog!

Burtog

Quote from: Greeny on June 17, 2011, 12:50:25 AMThis makes me feel sooooo old! It's a superb album, and I've always been a fan of the Smiths. Personally, I prefer 'Meat is Murder' and 'Hatful of Hollow', but this is certainly a classic.

p.s. Like the new Icon pic, Burtog!
I dont feel old thinking about it 'cos I didn't really get the Smiths when I was younger, it's been a band I've grown into. Maybe the lyrics/songs mean more when you're in your twenties and you've experienced more. Morrisey is an awesome lyricist tho, for example;

And so, I broke into the Palace
with a sponge and a rusty spanner
she said: "Eh, I know you, and you cannot sing"
I said: "that's nothing - you should hear me play piano"

From 'The Queen is dead'............how do you right that!
recorder
Boss BR-800