Happy Birthday Harry Nilsson!

Started by cuthbert, June 15, 2011, 07:10:58 PM

cuthbert

Noticed the new birthdays posted here at Songcrafters today, and wanted to celebrate this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpOZ4xffh7k

A genius...

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

cuthbert

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

64Guitars

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

launched

Happy birthday Harry!! Reminds me of Ken Lee.

"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Greeny

Happy birthday to John Lennon's drinking buddy! And a damn fine singer / songwriter.

henwrench

Happy Birthday Harry, you are sadly missed. 'The Point' is one of my earliest musical memories and still gets a spin on a pretty regular basis here at henwrench Towers.

Since hearing this story I've researched the facts and can't seem to find reference to it anywhere, but I'd still like to think it's true. I first heard this tale waaaaaaaaayyy before the internet came along and ruined the 'urban myth'.

Now, we all know Harry wasn't to happy with what was going on, and he suffered a heart attack in the dentist's chair which finished him off good and proper. His body was taken to the funeral parlour and placed in an open casket. That night, a localised earthquake caused a huge crack to run beneath the parlour, from end to end. The next day, Harry's body, casket and all, had dissapeared down the crack, never to be found again. A certain Mr Tommy Sands told me this.

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Greeny

Quote from: henwrench on June 16, 2011, 04:58:37 AMHappy Birthday Harry, you are sadly missed. 'The Point' is one of my earliest musical memories and still gets a spin on a pretty regular basis here at henwrench Towers.

Since hearing this story I've researched the facts and can't seem to find reference to it anywhere, but I'd still like to think it's true. I first heard this tale waaaaaaaaayyy before the internet came along and ruined the 'urban myth'.

Now, we all know Harry wasn't to happy with what was going on, and he suffered a heart attack in the dentist's chair which finished him off good and proper. His body was taken to the funeral parlour and placed in an open casket. That night, a localised earthquake caused a huge crack to run beneath the parlour, from end to end. The next day, Harry's body, casket and all, had dissapeared down the crack, never to be found again. A certain Mr Tommy Sands told me this.

henwrench

I've never heard this story before, but it would be superb if it were true. Can anyone confirm?

Brandy Alexanders all round!

henwrench

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Wow, what a great picture!!

henwrench

recorder
Boss Micro BR

64Guitars

Quote from: henwrench on June 16, 2011, 04:58:37 AMNow, we all know Harry wasn't to happy with what was going on, and he suffered a heart attack in the dentist's chair which finished him off good and proper. His body was taken to the funeral parlour and placed in an open casket. That night, a localised earthquake caused a huge crack to run beneath the parlour, from end to end. The next day, Harry's body, casket and all, had dissapeared down the crack, never to be found again. A certain Mr Tommy Sands told me this.

I heard this story yesterday for the first time in this video of Marianne Faithfull covering Nilsson's "Dont Forget Me".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnJ2r6oaUYw

But, from what I've read, it's not true. See these links:

http://www.pointarrow.com/index.php?site=2&action=FEATURE&id=4&pref_id=2&subaction=VIEW&article_id=69

http://legendsrevealed.com/entertainment/2009/04/15/music-legends-revealed-1/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Nilsson#Death

Another interesting bit of trivia I just learned about Nilsson is that the title of his last released studio album was "Flash Harry".  :D

Cool!  8)

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

henwrench

oh well!! It was good while it lasted...

henwrench

recorder
Boss Micro BR