Links to bossbr.net

Started by SpikeVelvet, June 14, 2011, 06:29:38 PM

SpikeVelvet

Are all the links to the bossbr.net site broken? I'm often here digging around in the older threads trying to learn new things and it seems like there are alot of links that take you nowhere. What's up with that?

Oldrottenhead

if you come across any broken links pm someone at admin and we will repair the link. when site changed name,from bossbr to songcrafters links with old site name stopped working, at the time we repaired as many as possible, but didnt get them all, as we come across them we repair any broken links we find, but like i said if you find any we have missed let us know and we will restore any broken link asap.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

SpikeVelvet

You may regret telling me that ;)

64Guitars

I've been converting the old links every now and then. But I should work on them more often, so thanks for the reminder. There are currently 237 links to bossbr.net remaining. It shouldn't take me too long to finish those. However, there are also 1,654 links to microrecorders.org (the original name of the site). Those will take a lot longer to fix.

Until they're all done, it's pretty easy for members to deal with the broken links. Just copy the link and paste it into your browser's address bar. Then change the "bossbr.net" or "microrecorders.org" part of the URL to "songcrafters.org" and press Enter. That should take you to the correct page.

For example:

http://bossbr.net/community/micro-br/drum-tutorial!-t1814/msg14540/#msg14540

becomes...

https://songcrafters.org/community/micro-br/drum-tutorial!-t1814/msg14540/#msg14540

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

64Guitars

Okay. All of the BossBR.net links are now fixed. That just leaves the microrecorders.org links still to be fixed. There are about 1600 of them, so it's going to take some time. Meanwhile, just copy the URL and change "microrecorders.org" to "songcrafters.org" as described above. That should work in most cases.

I also fixed all the links to my website at its old GeoCities location.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Tony W

how much effort would it be to do a sql query along with find and replace?

If you figure that out.... I've got a few links to work on too.....lo

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR