'The Salt of the Earth' - Greeny Original

Started by Greeny, June 13, 2011, 04:56:32 AM

SE

Always great to hear one of your tunes and this is way up with you best, just hangs together so well, magic ,magic!!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80

Kenny B

WOW!!! ... Another instant greeny download ... Incredible writing style ...
Everything sounds so perfect!!!   I really dig your bass playing.

Kenny B.
recorder
Zoom MRS-1266
recorder
Boss Micro BR

lg

Whoa! Ho! Ho! What do we have here?
Ah, Another Greeny original.....
On to the mp3 player for checking out tomorrow....

LG
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

des0free

I need to listen to this five more times before I comment.  Whoops, I just commented.  Awsome
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR

chip withrow

All-around wonderful, so much to like about this one ... the "salt of the earth and that's me" hook is echoing around in my brain now. Started out reminding me of early Stones ballads like "As Tears Go By" and then turned into majestic, somewhat trippy folk-rock. Very, very nice.

Geir

It doesn't get much better that this !!

Fabulous tune, love the "kept back" arrangement ... like it's about to ascend, but just glides forward two feet over the ocean in a perfect harmony.

Just stunning !!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Oldrottenhead

back for another listen simply wonderful.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

lg

Awesome tune Tim!
I am hooked by the 'Salt of the Earth, and that's me.....'

LG
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

Rata-tat-tat

Ah yes... a new Greeny tune to brighten my day. Wonderful... love it.
recorder
Tascam DP-02

Ferryman

Wow, great work Tim. Love that little guitar hook on the right, it really draws you in. The lyrics are brilliant, I love the opening line and the lyrical images. The lush chords, bass and backing vox build a lovely comfy pillow for the lyrics, the backing vox in the middle part are fabulopus.

Wonderful, just wonderful. You just gave me a great reason to try to carve out more time to spend here (been tough recently).

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR