True Blue - a new False Prophet song

Started by chapperz66, June 10, 2011, 02:53:28 AM

chapperz66

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

Nick has asked me to put this one up for your comments.  The various Falsies have been otherwise engaged recently with work, babies etc so we haven't done much together for a while.  I have to say how impressed I am that my old mate Nick has managed to turn out some magnificent acapella stuff with a young baby in the house.  I was just grateful to try to catch some sleep when my kids were that young!  Hats off.

Anyway here is a song called "True Blue."  It was written entirely by Nick (Nightcaller) and Mark Drozdz.  I put a few bits of keyboards here and there on the few occaisions that I got home whilst working away.

Hope you enjoy.

Paul[soundclick]10733988&q[/soundclick]

SE

Fantastic prog rock, top musicianship on show too, excellent melodic chorus and top notch guitar solo, loved the listen!!
recorder
Boss BR-80

Oldrottenhead

loving it. that intro is very impressive reminds me of todd rundgren's utopia at the top of their game.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Farrell Jackson

Cool Paul, Nick and Mark! This is an excellent prog rock song! Fantastic vocals and instrumental work....the guitar solo absolutely rocks! I also need to mention the outstanding bass playing.

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Rata-tat-tat

Hey guys... this is one helluva track. Nick your vox remind me a lot of Geoff Tate (Queensryche)... which is a great thing in my book. This song has such a unique sound "The Only One" of its kind. Love the guitar work and those drums are tite as hell. Brill production guys... LOVE IT
recorder
Tascam DP-02

Kevin Mammoth

excellent tune - melodic & proggy with a bit of 80s-style headbanging for good measure - & top production!
recorder
Boss BR-1600

There are only 12 notes, how hard can it be?....

SwanSong

Paul really great sound goin on here.. beside the 80 s feel as one
comment said . it s got the DEEP PURPLE feel  great job . REGARDS
NEIL

Pipes

Hi Guys.. I would say that Mark Drożdż (guitars, drum programming, major song writing, mixing and mastering) is responsible for this wholesome little ditty. Paul and Mark claim that i should have my name first..but that is over generous:)

Mega, Big, thanks to Paul Chapman and Mark for their continued, arty, awesome, inspiration:)

cheers for wholesome comments guys...
Nick

T.C. Elliott

I'm liking the vox... hints of Dio in there. Cool guitars.. nicely written guitar parts. Not at all what I was expecting (but don't have the slightest what I WAS expecting.) but glad I listened.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London