OsCKilO

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Gnasty

Quote from: oldmariahcareyhead on June 12, 2011, 04:42:12 AMis it a nut of some sort then?

It`s my left nut!..you don`t want to see my right.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Gnasty

Quote from: Rata-tat-tat on June 19, 2011, 02:16:26 PMWasn't that Tom Hank's best friend???

No this was Tom Hank`s friend.... WILSON!!!!!!!!!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Flash Harry

QuoteI bet if SONY music who owns the rights to the Beatles knew of our Beatlesfest, they would have shut it down.

Yup.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Ferryman

I'm against piracy in the same way that I'm against stealing from shops. I've been guilty of cassette copying in the past (you can tell that was a long time ago) but ever since I did some small releases on indie labels in the 1980s I realised how hard it was for artists to make money out of "the business". So I pay for everything and have done for a long time.

I agree that there are a bunch of money-grabbing corporates running things (and usually not in the interests of artists) but the best way to beat them is to change the system, not deny artists their hard earned royalties. The internet allows us to do this and it is happening.

Cheers,

Nigel 

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Saijinn Maas

Quote from: Ferryman on June 20, 2011, 03:25:55 AMI'm against piracy in the same way that I'm against stealing from shops. I've been guilty of cassette copying in the past (you can tell that was a long time ago) but ever since I did some small releases on indie labels in the 1980s I realised how hard it was for artists to make money out of "the business". So I pay for everything and have done for a long time.

I agree that there are a bunch of money-grabbing corporates running things (and usually not in the interests of artists) but the best way to beat them is to change the system, not deny artists their hard earned royalties. The internet allows us to do this and it is happening.

Cheers,

Nigel 

Exactly!

+1

Rata-tat-tat

Quote from: Saijinn Maas on June 20, 2011, 12:01:36 PM
Quote from: Ferryman on June 20, 2011, 03:25:55 AMI'm against piracy in the same way that I'm against stealing from shops. I've been guilty of cassette copying in the past (you can tell that was a long time ago) but ever since I did some small releases on indie labels in the 1980s I realised how hard it was for artists to make money out of "the business". So I pay for everything and have done for a long time.

Cheers,

Nigel 

Exactly!

+1

Well put Nigel... diddo
recorder
Tascam DP-02

Rata-tat-tat

Quote from: Gnasty on June 19, 2011, 03:33:52 PM
Quote from: Rata-tat-tat on June 19, 2011, 02:16:26 PMWasn't that Tom Hank's best friend???

No this was Tom Hank`s friend.... WILSON!!!!!!!!!

I knew it was a Wilson ball of some sort. What a depressing movie that was.
recorder
Tascam DP-02

Saijinn Maas

Quote from: Blooby...when I had multitudes of cassette tapes, I never thought of it as theft.  The Internet sure has changed the game.

Something that popped in my head when I read this again...

Cassettes were like the occasional spider you find in your home, can be a bit annoying, can do some good, and would take a long time, if left unchecked, to infest a home.

MP3 are more like rats. They multiple way to fast to keep up with, enabling them to cause much more problems.

Not the perfect analogy, but thought it was a funny image ;)

launched

MP3's are almost like addictive candy, too. Cheap and bad for your brain. When I was ripping a CD the other day so I could share it with all my friends and they could share with all of theirs, I noticed that the CD did noticeably sound better than the ripped files. It's hard to tell the difference if you don't have a comparison.
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover