Piracy ... where do you stand ?

Started by Migs, June 06, 2011, 07:21:59 PM

Prive

I'll give an argentinian example:

At the 90's you could buy a Police/Sting, Rush, Van Halen, Tangerine Dream, Dio, Icehouse, Men at Work, The Outfield, Crowded House, Stray Cats, Michael Jackson, David Bowie, Queen, Madonna, Bjork, U2, The Cure (i could go on forever) CD and for 18 dollars you left the store with the sensation of happiness and a cool piece of work, you spend hours listen to it and reading the entire booklet, watching the arts, and flying with those sounds.
The same or more with Vinyl discs and that big size, you can never forget your first record, but what about the first download??? This thing have more than music, it have magic and magical music.
Now, we could pay for listen to the new record of Black eyed peas, Eminem, Lady Gaga, Cristina Aguilera, Shakira, all that reggaeton shit (again i could go on forever) but any price will be too much, there is no magic in there, just some magazine pictures and some noises that you hear in every radio every hour again and again, no talent at all, and if there are some talent is covered by a great stupid producer who spend lots of time trying to copy to anyone else, and i don't wanna pay for that.
I hope internet destroy the musical industry because the music don't need it, Beyonce does  need companyso i don't care about her economy because she don't care about me. If the industry bring me something with quality i'll think about it.
I understand musicians have to live and if we want their music we have to pay his lives, but i will not pay for crappy music, so Blink 182!!! get a work!!!!!
Sorry i'm crazy with this topic jajajaja
Feel free to disagree with me cause we are free.
Music, music and three times music!!!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

Prive

Music, music and three times music!!!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

Tony W

Quote from: oldrottenhead on June 07, 2011, 01:59:24 PMi suggest you read steve albini's article guys.

but musicians and songwriters who want to make music as a living will find new ways of making money. the old way is broken. an ethical argument abut piracy is not gonna change anything.  

Most likely the only thing I'm going to change anytime soon is my clothes. I only jumped in on the thread for comedic relief. To be honest, I've not listened to anything commercially available for over a year that I can think of. My pod is songcrafter / cool-lab exclusive.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

i have pyschic abilities and foretold the future............. it is written somewhere.

i was touched by his noodly appendage, but now i am in a religious quandary, i thought dressing up as a pirate was enough, oh spaghetti monster must i become a "real" pirate please show me the way.

ramen
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Saijinn Maas

I am sure I would have a lot to say on a religion thread too!  heh

Gun Control is hitting a dime at 300 yards!

I've been trying to save up for an M4A1 but between the job situation, GAS, and my wife... Not looking like any time soon. I am close to getting a yes on a Springfield Armory XDM 4.5 9mm though!

Flash Harry

In the UK recently the courts granted an injunction preventing a particular footballer from being named as having been unfaithful to his wife.

The information leaked out via Twitter and the injunction became unenforcable.

The danger here is that the largely unregulated Internet will become regulated and the fun that we have on the web will be greatly diminished. Pirating will be one of the first things to be regulated out of existence because of the cash and political lobbying that the RIAA and other interested parties can use to preserve their interests.

I'd rather have an open and unregulated Internet. But that's because I'm an anarchist at heart.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Saijinn Maas

But EVIL is subjective too, isn't it. Even if 99% believe any particular act is evil, it is only so because that is what our present society agrees with.

Besides, we all know that girls are the root of all evil.

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Tony W

Greed is the root of all evil. Money is the fertilizer for the root.

I tried the XDM series of 9mm, I have large hands, and felt the kick to be isolated web of my hand, right where the safety is. It didn't take too many rounds before it became uncomfortable. I also shoot right and left handed, which this model really wasn't setup for ambidextrous shooting.

M4A1 is as you know a delicious piece of equipment. I'm emailing you a couple "gun control" pics now....

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR