**BRITAIN'S GOT TALENT RANT**

Started by Burtog, June 02, 2011, 01:11:05 PM

OsCKilO

Quote from: Gritter on June 07, 2011, 03:30:44 PM
Quotebuy bread and dripping for her son

Drippings? Sounds disgusting...Please explain.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dripping

Meaty version of butter
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

thetworegs

I believe it to be pork or beef fat a bit like tasty lard, pretty disgusting to myself but my father ate it as a child during the second world war and thought of it as a  delicacy spread onto bread ....hope that explains it Sandy

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Gritter

That IS disgusting!

I thought it was something more like:

mmmmm....waffle run-off.

OsCKilO

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Migs

Quote from: SdC on June 06, 2011, 01:30:07 AMno b00bs? the rule here in the Netherlands for those shows is the b00bs will stay in the competition until the last round, talent or not. For the ratings.

They solve that problem here by using a judge with bewbs.  She is multi-talented - she can cry to camera as well.

Fender 50s Reissue Tele (Mex) - blonde
Takamine EF-389 12 String Accoustic/Electric
Peavey Bandit 75; VOX AC30
Boss ME 50; Boss Micro BR; Kaossilator !

AndyR

Quote from: Burtog on June 02, 2011, 01:11:05 PMIf you live in UK you may have been forced to watch 'Britain's Got Talent', the most pathetic show on TV apart from Jeremy Kyle.

Er... who forced you to watch it? :D
(Stop their pocket-money as a penance, mebbe?)

And who the hell is Jeremy Kyle? (Seriously, I don't actually know...)
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Greeny

Quote from: AndyR on June 08, 2011, 01:19:15 AM
Quote from: Burtog on June 02, 2011, 01:11:05 PMIf you live in UK you may have been forced to watch 'Britain's Got Talent', the most pathetic show on TV apart from Jeremy Kyle.

Jeremy Kyle presents a morning show where he baits the lowest dregs of humanity into crying / fighting / storming off stage. It normally involves lie detector and paternity tests, and him shouting at chavs in a very patronising way. It's absolutely disgusting TV, but I'm strangely drawn to it, lol.

Greeny

Quote from: Migs on June 05, 2011, 04:46:31 PM
Quote from: Rata-tat-tat on June 03, 2011, 01:45:30 PMthey could be let off the hook in a much more professional manner

Its all about ratings though.  If they do uncover some talent who they can sign up then well and good but the primary driver for the network/production company is tv ratings.
We are mid-series in the Aussie version now.  I haven't really been paying that much attention this season but there is the usual:
1) young kid who can sing and is touted as the next Justin Bieber - primarily responsible for making Danni Minogue's eyes well up with tears;
2) dance crew, yo homies;
3) self taught musician (this time keyboard) who "doesn't know how talented he is";
4) older guy who sings and plays guitar - and this is his last chance to realise his dream of becoming a musician - I think he also uses the "wife died of cancer a few years back" card
5) novelty one-trick pony whose act will, no doubt, become tiresome when repeated in round two; and
6) operatic singer who is also untrained but learnt to sing so she could busk to buy bread and dripping for her son after her husband left her.

You absolutely nailed it, Migs. Everyone has to have an 'angle' that will pull at the heartstrings of the imbeciles who watch it. When I say 'imbeciles', I mean most of the population of the UK (I can't speak for other countries). 

It seems you can't be talented unless you're a single parent / recently bereaved / 30 stone / hideously deformed / unaware how ridiculous you are etc etc (extra points for being more than one of these...).

I did see the semi-final, as I was stuck in a hotel room with my son. I was very annoyed by the decidely average guy with the guitar doing his Paul Weller number. You see better than that at pretty much any open-mic night, and yet he was being lauded - for what? Being a bit fat, quite ugly, and living in a caravan with a newborn baby. Boo hoo.

Greeny

Quote from: Gritter on June 07, 2011, 03:30:44 PM
Quotebuy bread and dripping for her son

Drippings? Sounds disgusting...Please explain.

They also do this in Poland (in Krakow at least). Lovely pork fat to spread on your bread. I was initially wary, then fell in love with it. Yum!

Burtog

Quote from: AndyR on June 08, 2011, 01:19:15 AM

Er.....the missus forced me to watch it.....honest!

Strangely enough the final winner actually did have some talent in the end. There is far better talent on this site tho, but even with your talents none of you would stand a chance on this show. crap aint it.

There could be a competition on this site, anyone can enter a tune in a set time frame and then other songcrafters can vote on their favourite, a yearly thing. Probably getting carried away now, apologies!  :D
recorder
Boss BR-800