**BRITAIN'S GOT TALENT RANT**

Started by Burtog, June 02, 2011, 01:11:05 PM

Burtog

>:(

If you live in UK you may have been forced to watch 'Britain's Got Talent', the most pathetic show on TV apart from Jeremy Kyle.

Simon Cowell should be shot, this programme could be a genuine opportunity for some 'talented' souls to show their thing, BUT they insist on putting crap acts on such as dog trick acts and people who can't sing. Then they put a reasonable girl singer through and change her song against her wishes and then slag her off when it sounds bad!?!

I hate this programme.......................RANT OVER. :-\
recorder
Boss BR-800

OsCKilO

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Rata-tat-tat

I just threw my television out the window because of this rant!!!... Just kiddin... I'm not sure of the British version, but I gotta say I kinda liked the America's Got Talent last season. I guess it's because of the diversity of the show... You never know what your gonna see type thing. I really dig some of the acts like "Fighting Gravity". Given the choice I would probably stick to watching Dave Mathews in HD or Vintage ACDC clips rather than watching a program where people are humilated on national TV. I often wander how some of these people make it to that level before their dreams are crushed by a panel of self loathing critics (Like Simon). I'm sure he really hates himself... why else would anyone point out the flaws of others for money. The man has no tact... and thrives on insulting people when they could be let off the hook in a much more professional manner... just my opinion... Ooops I believe i'm stomping on your rant... Back to u Burtog. Rants do rule T.
recorder
Tascam DP-02

Burtog

Well said.

What I hate most is when they build people up just to knock em down later, turns it into a freak show.

I have been watchin with my ear-phones on listening to the Fleet Foxes, now that's talent!
recorder
Boss BR-800

Migs

Quote from: Rata-tat-tat on June 03, 2011, 01:45:30 PMthey could be let off the hook in a much more professional manner

Its all about ratings though.  If they do uncover some talent who they can sign up then well and good but the primary driver for the network/production company is tv ratings.
We are mid-series in the Aussie version now.  I haven't really been paying that much attention this season but there is the usual:
1) young kid who can sing and is touted as the next Justin Bieber - primarily responsible for making Danni Minogue's eyes well up with tears;
2) dance crew, yo homies;
3) self taught musician (this time keyboard) who "doesn't know how talented he is";
4) older guy who sings and plays guitar - and this is his last chance to realise his dream of becoming a musician - I think he also uses the "wife died of cancer a few years back" card
5) novelty one-trick pony whose act will, no doubt, become tiresome when repeated in round two; and
6) operatic singer who is also untrained but learnt to sing so she could busk to buy bread and dripping for her son after her husband left her.
Fender 50s Reissue Tele (Mex) - blonde
Takamine EF-389 12 String Accoustic/Electric
Peavey Bandit 75; VOX AC30
Boss ME 50; Boss Micro BR; Kaossilator !

SdC

Quote from: Migs on June 05, 2011, 04:46:31 PM
Quote from: Rata-tat-tat on June 03, 2011, 01:45:30 PMthey could be let off the hook in a much more professional manner

Its all about ratings though.  If they do uncover some talent who they can sign up then well and good but the primary driver for the network/production company is tv ratings.
We are mid-series in the Aussie version now.  I haven't really been paying that much attention this season but there is the usual:
1) young kid who can sing and is touted as the next Justin Bieber - primarily responsible for making Danni Minogue's eyes well up with tears;
3) self taught musician (this time keyboard) who "doesn't know how talented he is";
4) older guy who sings and plays guitar - and this is his last chance to realise his dream of becoming a musician - I think he also uses the "wife died of cancer a few years back" card
5) novelty one-trick pony whose act will, no doubt, become tiresome when repeated in round two; and
6) operatic singer who is also untrained but learnt to sing so she could busk to buy bread and dripping for her son after her husband left her.

no b00bs? the rule here in the Netherlands for those shows is the b00bs will stay in the competition until the last round, talent or not. For the ratings.

recorder
Boss BR-600

Burtog

Its all about ratings though.  If they do uncover some talent who they can sign up then well and good but the primary driver for the network/production company is tv ratings.
We are mid-series in the Aussie version now.  I haven't really been paying that much attention this season but there is the usual:

:D This is a fantastic observation, I could link a contestant over here to everyone!
recorder
Boss BR-800

ODH

Quote from: Burtog on June 02, 2011, 01:11:05 PMIf you live in UK you may have been forced to watch 'Britain's Got Talent', the most pathetic show on TV apart from Jeremy Kyle.

Must admit I was completely unaware of the whole show until someone mentioned it this morning.  I too am one of the apparently small minority of folk who don't get the attraction of this type of show, seems that millions do get it though. My advice would be to not watch it if you feel so strongly; go make your own music instead.  Life's too short...
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

OsCKilO

Quote from: SdC on June 06, 2011, 01:30:07 AM

Its all about ratings though.  If they do uncover some talent who they can sign up then well and good but the primary driver for the network/production company is tv ratings.
We are mid-series in the Aussie version now.  I haven't really been paying that much attention this season but there is the usual:

no b00bs? the rule here in the Netherlands for those shows is the b00bs will stay in the competition until the last round, talent or not. For the ratings.

LOL!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0yOGaTcPUw
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Gritter

Quotebuy bread and dripping for her son

Drippings? Sounds disgusting...Please explain.