Autumn Rain + Those days

Started by Farrell Jackson, June 02, 2011, 09:12:02 AM

Farrell Jackson

08----AutumnRain+Those Times Aud eq 192k
Time:
0:00
Volume:
This is a less cluttered and mellower acoustic side of my songwriting. I've taken two short songs Autumn Rain and Those Days and coupled them together. Each still sits individually but they are connected. Autumn Rain was recorded on my 1979 Takamine, mic'ed with two Superlux small condensor mics. It was raining the day I recorded it. If you listen closely, at the transition point of the two songs,  you can hear the rain hitting the roof of my studio. I thought it added to the song so I decided to leave the natural effect as it was recorded.

Those Days was recorded on my small inexpensive, a nice way of saying cheapo lol, Ibanez Talman acoustic. De-tuned to a Cmaj. open chord.  I write the majority of my songs on this cheapo but comfortable playing acoustic. It was mic'ed with a large condensor Rode NT1A mic and I also blended in the onboard electronics direct to the VF160. The three vocals were done with a large condensor MXL2001 mic.

This song is one that will go on CD #3 "Wood, Wires, and Wonder". That is  if I ever get the CD package together.

I hope you like my less cluttered, less produced side

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

SwanSong

HI Farrel , nice song , quite a nice mixture , and great vocals
from half way point. and harmonies. really liked it regards NEIL

hardlock

Great song(s) - very well performed and produced! Nice wide-open and soothing vibes.
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

Rata-tat-tat

I always look forward to hitting play with your tunes... this is no exception. Stellar guitar work... Love how you morphed the 2 songs together. Yes I too think the rain hitting the roof adds to the ambience. Very nice work Farrell... Love it.
recorder
Tascam DP-02

Saijinn Maas

Excellent songs! Great recordings! Love the harmonies!