Living A Lie

Started by Farrell Jackson, May 29, 2011, 10:26:31 PM

Farrell Jackson

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

d
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

j.g.

That is a real "classic rock" - top quality.
You have done a pro job on this recording. Did you play most of this or was it a few of the musicians who you used on the Soundclick link? I played a few those tracks yesterday and they are all up to a very high standard and are very commercial songs - just the sort I like to listen to.
Geoff

The Reverend 48

Outstanding
Classic Stadium Rock!

Geir

You're a star Farrell !!!

This is fabulous !!

I really love the vocals ...great voice and wonderfull harmonies !!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Farrell Jackson

Quote from: j.g. on May 30, 2011, 01:18:22 AMThat is a real "classic rock" - top quality.
You have done a pro job on this recording. Did you play most of this or was it a few of the musicians who you used on the Soundclick link? I played a few those tracks yesterday and they are all up to a very high standard and are very commercial songs - just the sort I like to listen to.
Geoff

Thanks Geoff!  This is me on the vocals but the music is done by J. Rodriguez.

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

64Guitars

Excellent!

Quote from: Farrell Jackson on May 29, 2011, 10:26:31 PMDrums are a drum machine.

The drums sound great. Which drum machine did you use?

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

SwanSong

HI Farrel.
Great song going on here. definately a classic rock feel re guitar and vox.
well mixed..u have g reat talent and wish the best for  you . agree with
all comment.s look forward to our colaboration soon regards NEIL

Farrell Jackson

Quote from: 64Guitars on May 30, 2011, 07:50:44 AMExcellent!

Quote from: Farrell Jackson on May 29, 2011, 10:26:31 PMDrums are a drum machine.

The drums sound great. Which drum machine did you use?

Thanks 64guitars! Do you have 64 guitars? A Zoom RT223.

Thanks!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

64Guitars

Quote from: Farrell Jackson on May 30, 2011, 09:12:03 AMThanks 64guitars! Do you have 64 guitars?

I've been asked that question several times. See this message:

https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=538.msg3813#msg3813

QuoteI just got this Zoom RhythmTrak RT-223 drum machine so I'm still getting familiar with the ins and outs of it.

Well you seem to be doing very well with it. The way that you've worked all of the fills and crashes into the drum arrangement sounds like a real drummer. I see that the RT-223 also does bass guitar. Did you use that feature in this song too?

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Farrell Jackson

Quote from: 64Guitars on May 30, 2011, 09:39:23 AM
Quote from: Farrell Jackson on May 30, 2011, 09:12:03 AMThanks 64guitars! Do you have 64 guitars?

I've been asked that question several times. See this message:

https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=538.msg3813#msg3813

QuoteI just got this Zoom RhythmTrak RT-223 drum machine so I'm still getting familiar with the ins and outs of it.

Well you seem to be doing very well with it. The way that you've worked all of the fills and crashes into the drum arrangement sounds like a real drummer. I see that the RT-223 also does bass guitar. Did you use that feature in this song too?
Thanks for the explanation on your user name. I see you have an 1962 EBO Bass, nice! I have 1970 EBO Bass also. I like the short scale. So far I haven't used the bass player in the RT-223. I've been concentrating on the drums thus far. I really hate putting drums together but it's a necessary evil I guess. It takes me a long time to get something I'm happy with...that's why I try to get my drummer buddies to add real drums if they can.
Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert