Boss GT Central ??

Started by BuleriaChk, May 29, 2011, 12:30:34 PM

BuleriaChk

Does anyone know what happened to Ken Boatman's Boss GT Central?  Is there a new site somewhere?
It was a super resource for all things Boss GT......

It seems to have vanished since I was last there;  I had a GT-10 for awhile and sold it to purchase the BR-800, since the BR is supposed to have the same effects.  They DO sound great, but tweaking is a PITA, so I've purchased a GT-10 again, since I already had a lot of time invested, and hopefully can transfer tweaked settings into the BR.....

Besides, I can't live without the GT-10 anyway - the sounds are simply gorgeous, and it is enormously flexible....
I really like the ability to assign a global preamp, so you can scroll through the presets with the preamp (or none) of your choice - (that is just one of the features that makes it a great learning tool)....

recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss BR-900
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
V-Studio 20
recorder
Boss BR-80

64Guitars

According to the message posted at http://www.bossgtcentral.com/, his web hosting provider deleted his database.

Boss GT Central Announcement!

All - Our previous site was shut down by my web hosting provider (ixWebHosting). They deleted my database and corrupted my site because my SQL levels exceeded there guidelines. This of course was done without warning to me nor time to address the issue.

Our new site is being established! Thank you for your patience!!

- Ken

Administator

I guess you'll just have to wait until he finds another web hosting provider and restores his backups. That can take a few days.

If you need more info, you could always try emailing him at administrator@bossgtcentral.com.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

launched

A Boss GT? Is that like the race car version of the BR?
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

BuleriaChk

The Boss GT-10 is a MAJOR multi-effects unit; the Boss BR-800 uses its models (according to Roland).  To me, both sound fantastic.  For me, the GT-10 will stay at home as a tone development tool, which I can then port into the BR-800 (at least some of it, anyway).

That said, I went to Boss GT-Central this morning and found it up and running, albeit a bit slowly...  Still, congratulations to Ken for getting it running.  (Last night, it still wasn't up, with the message mentioned above)..

recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss BR-900
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
V-Studio 20
recorder
Boss BR-80