I know the secret of com-put-ers

Started by StevieM, May 29, 2011, 06:23:05 AM

StevieM

In the dim past of the 1800's there was upon this Earth a man named Babbage, he was thought by all to be a human, but he was put here by evil beings from a far different dimension to ours.
Their aim was to make future humans spend a lot of what we know as Mon- ee on ever increasingly complicated machines, called com-put-ers, and to eventually lead to the extinction of the human race by way of mass insanity.
Although time means nothing to these beings, their plan was moving far too slowly, so Behold! towards the middle of what we know as the 20th century they sent another harbinger of doom----and his name was Gates, this is the nearest translation possible of his real name of 'Bringer of total madness and destruction'.
He devised a system so diabolical that soon the whole Earth came to rely upon it, but within it was built certain defects that would lead to the Madness, by the means of losing Da-ta, Files, Workdoneandsaved----- never to be seen on this world ever again.

But, all is not lost. There are also a few beings from a parrallel dimension to the Evil Ones, who know how to put right the destruction caused, and restore some of the peace and harmony---They are known as com-put-er ex-perts----or to give them their proper name---Geeks.
These Geeks should be revered as superior beings, and treated as Gods.

I can relate this story because today I was visited by a friendly Geek, and he restored all of the com-put-ers functions and recovered all of the work that was lost, by using magical spells, incantations of "That's weird, it shouldn't be doing that. We'll try this instead", and the insertion into the bowels of the machine small round shiny discs that contain special pro-grammes.

One way to tell these special beings apart from normal humanity is that they seem to have 10 fingers on each hand ( although you can only see the normal 5), and they speak very very quickly in their own tongue, which is completely un-intelligable to us.

But be warned, there are also some Geeks who have succombed to the power of the Evil ones, and seek to hasten our destruction.

Yours in relief, and the restoration of what small measure of relative sanity that remained to me.
I always say, if I can leave somebody happy and smiling at the end of the day-----I've completely f*cked up!!

launched

Yes! That is hilarious - And heartfelt knowing you got your data back!

QuoteBut be warned, there are also some Geeks who have succombed to the power of the Evil ones, and seek to hasten our destruction.

Those aren't Geeks - They go by the name of "Consultant" ;D

Peace, bro

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me