Surface Detail (Lyrics/Vox/Keys ORH Drums/Percussion Rata-tat-tat

Started by Rata-tat-tat, May 23, 2011, 09:44:30 PM

Rata-tat-tat

Surface Detail
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Ok so I tried sending this over to ORH after a REDO.. on my drum track... Long story short... I can't seem to figure out this files sharing thing well enough to make it happen... SORRY JIM...LOL... Anyhow here's my stab at a mix and until I can figure out how to get WAV files to Jim. Enjoy
recorder
Tascam DP-02

lg

nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

launched

I second that motion - Smooth and killer guys! I loved the mix, and it carried me away to points unknown.

Yes - I love it!!!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Prive

Cool drum sound as ever!!!! What is that??? Salmples or live drums???
Music, music and three times music!!!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Gritter

Cool groove. I think it could benefit from a bit of guitar wailing away, some bass maybe...drums sound amazing.

Geir

aaaaaaahhhh love it !

fab drumming

excellent song

.... agree with Sandy, it would be cool to hear some bass and possibly some guitar on this ..

I might even give it a go myself ... if I only can squeeze in some recording time ... but even better .. if Marcello would add some chapman sticks and his fab guitar to this it would be heaven !
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Rata-tat-tat

Thanks guys... I had a few hicups in there now that I listen back the One Shot Rattles were a little hot... not too bad though.

Quote from: Prive on May 23, 2011, 10:32:10 PMCool drum sound as ever!!!! What is that??? Salmples or live drums???

Marcello this is all acoustic percussion; Pearl Custom Masters MMX Drums/ Congas/ Rattles & Claves mixed down through a Tascam DP02. Not sure what kind of Keys Jim is using... I thought it sounded great... I was sooo impressed with how he was able to make something out of a drum track that I posted in colabs... True talent Jim is.
recorder
Tascam DP-02

Tony W

Sweet percussion Tod, I really like this mix, it sounds fantastic. Great job on the vox and Juno Jim.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

cuthbert

The drumming is superb - I might have lowered the shaker a little bit to make it sit better in the mix, but I love the sounds of all the parts you put into it, Tod.

And I love the jazzy sound of the piano and Jim's vocal delivery. He's an alchemist.  8)

cheers,
cuth
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase