fenderbender

Now that just looks the bees knees-
enjoy -enjoy!!!!!
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-600

ODH

Quote from: Burtog on May 24, 2011, 03:47:26 PMPost a mini review when you've palyed it please.
First impressions are that it is a thing of beauty and enriches my life just to own it.  It was pretty well set up when it arrived and even in tune more or less.  Needs a couple of tweaks to saddle heights to remove some fret buzz.  But it's a pleasure to play, so much better than what I remember playing back in the eighties.  Must admit I haven't plugged it in yet (that'll be tonight), so can't report on the electrics or tonality.
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

Burtog

Quote from: Nick / odh on May 25, 2011, 03:35:52 AM
Quote from: Burtog on May 24, 2011, 03:47:26 PMPost a mini review when you've palyed it please.
Must admit I haven't plugged it in yet (that'll be tonight), so can't report on the electrics or tonality.

Nice one, second part of the review to come then?

Can I be cheeky and ask how much cash you had to part with to own this beast?
recorder
Boss BR-800

ODH

Quote from: Burtog on May 25, 2011, 09:38:05 AM
Quote from: Nick / odh on May 25, 2011, 03:35:52 AM
Must admit I haven't plugged it in yet (that'll be tonight), so can't report on the electrics or tonality.

Nice one, second part of the review to come then?

Can I be cheeky and ask how much cash you had to part with to own this beast?

Okay.  The pads on the ends of my left hand fingers are considerable harder (and sore) this morning after recording my first song with the new bass last night and I can report that I am very happy.  I haven't played a bass for years (maybe even this century) and it was easy to pick up and get it do what I wanted it to do (within my own limitations of ability).  A wide range of tones are available from the two pickups, each of which has it's own volume and tone controls (concentric).  I'll post the new song over in the covers area in a bit.

Was intending to cover one of my bass heroes (Jean-Jaques Burnel, Norman Watt-Roy, Mick Karn, maybe Peter Hook), ended up going left field and covering a Dead Kennedys song.

As for price, I paid £273, which was double what I originally set as a budget, but I'm glad I did.  The link at the top of the thread is where I got it.

Actually I think my fingers are sore more from the guitar parts which took a long time to get right.
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

Ferryman

Looks great! I have a Squier Jagmaster guitar and I love it.

Quote from: The Dishevelled Flash Harry on May 22, 2011, 03:23:56 PMI so want an aerodyne!

ooh me too, that's top of my list. But I just played my 20 year old Squier Jazz Bass at a gig and it was great so I'm unlikely blow a shed of money on an Aerodyne.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Bluesberry

Quote from: Ferryman on June 23, 2011, 08:31:52 AMooh me too, that's top of my list. But I just played my 20 year old Squier Jazz Bass at a gig and it was great so I'm unlikely blow a shed of money on an Aerodyne.

anybody get a recording or video of this gig?

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand