1200 Total Members

Started by T.C. Elliott, May 15, 2011, 07:57:12 PM

T.C. Elliott

Clicked home and saw exactly 1200 total members. Not sure how many have been active in the past month or so, but it sure is nice to be part of a good and growing community.

Usually when communities get over a few hundred strong problems creep up. Feelings get hurt on a regular basis. So far, with very few exceptions, I've not seen that here. Thanks to everyone for making this a place I can come in and find great music of all levels and get some honest, sincere, and sometimes critical feedback when I need it.

And a special shout-out to all the administrators

Thank you
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

64Guitars

Thanks TC. The number of members actually fluctuates because I routinely delete inactive members who haven't logged-in in the past year and who've never posted. We get a lot of members who join and then never login again. They're probably email harvesters who only join so they can get our email addresses. But it will no longer do them any good as I recently disabled the display of email addresses.

Currently, we have 191 members who have logged-in in the past 30 days. Of those, 173 have 1 or more posts, and 146 of those have posted in the past 90 days. 121 members have logged-in in the past 10 days and have 1 or more posts. Not as impressive as 1200 but it's still a good-sized membership.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Tony W

How did you find those statistics? did you write queries?

I knew there was a shortlist of regulars, but I didn't realize how short the list was.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

64Guitars

Quote from: Tony W on May 17, 2011, 07:28:16 AMHow did you find those statistics? did you write queries?

Yes. If you want them, send me a PM.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

dasilvasings

BTW, any idea of how many songs/mp3 are here?

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Gnasty

Quote from: dasilvasings on May 18, 2011, 08:13:02 AMBTW, any idea of how many songs/mp3 are here?

I was curious of that the other day myself and with 40 songs a page multiplied by the pages

i counted almost 4500 originals and 1600 covers. Plus backing tracks and collabs.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

64Guitars

Quote from: dasilvasings on May 18, 2011, 08:13:02 AMBTW, any idea of how many songs/mp3 are here?

There are currently 6,430 MP3 attachments. That includes multiple posts of the same song due to remixes, collabs, etc. There are also many song posts that are hosted elsewhere. Since they have no MP3 attachments, they're not included in this number.

Quote from: Gnasty on May 18, 2011, 08:22:36 AMI was curious of that the other day myself and with 40 songs a page multiplied by the pages

i counted almost 4500 originals and 1600 covers. Plus backing tracks and collabs.

There's a much easier way than counting pages. Just go to the forum home page and look in the second column. It shows the total number of posts and the total number of topics in each board. Since the "Post Your Work" boards should have a separate topic for each song, the number of song posts is the same as the number of topics.

The current numbers are:

Original Songs
Cover Songs
Songcrafter Tributes

Collaborations
Backing Track Jams

Total

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Oldrottenhead

is that all. i thought we had loads more.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

dasilvasings

gross guestimate:

6500 * avg 3 min => half a month of songs! No eating and no sleeping, that is....
recorder
Boss Micro BR

dasilvasings

Quoteis that all. i thought we had loads more.

Well, that's 3750 songs posted by you and rest by the others   :D
recorder
Boss Micro BR