what's your favourite bowie album.

Started by Oldrottenhead, May 09, 2011, 01:55:47 PM

64Guitars

Quote from: henwrench on May 11, 2011, 11:21:27 AMI love Bowie but am ashamed to admit I have never heard/owned one of his albums

I bought Ziggy Stardust in 1972 (I was 15). I remember that I bought Lou Reed "Transformer" the same day. I liked both albums a lot, but I never bought another Bowie album after that (nor Lou Reed). No particular reason. I guess I just got into other music and Bowie and Reed went off my radar. I've heard all of Bowie's hits on the radio and liked most of them, but not enough to make me want to buy the albums.

QuoteI pretty much wore out my copy of Up The Hill Backwards and can still see the picture sleeve in my minds eye, of a guy with a surgeons mask on. I must've been about 12 or 13.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

henwrench

Cor, dear me!!  64, I love you!!  And judging by the label date, I must have been 10 or 11!! And who would've guessed that 31 (31!!!!!!!!) years later, I woulda covered this tune for our very own BowieFest......mental....

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

its got to be hunky dory check this out the old boys still got it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOo8J_CLCA4
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Ferryman

Spectacular. Best song ever. Perhaps Hunky Dory does have it over Ziggy.

But what a singer, and what a songwriter.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR