New feature - Widescreen mode

Started by 64Guitars, May 03, 2011, 01:29:40 PM

Oldrottenhead

damn my screen only goes up to 1440 but if i zoom out on firefox i can see it, but then the writing is too small foy my old myopic eyes.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Saijinn Maas

I just miss the width requirements for the latest addition. 1600 is the max for me. :(

64Guitars

Those of you with sufficiently high video resolution will notice some new buttons at the top of the page next to the date.

There are four in total, but you may see fewer (or even none) depending on the video mode setting of your computer's video adapter. The purpose of these buttons is to resize your browser to the minimum size required for each of the new widescreen modes.

0 - This produces a browser window just big enough for the main content of the site. It does not include any of the new side panels. This button should appear if your video mode has a width of 1162 pixels or greater and a height of 700 pixels or greater.
1 - This produces a browser window that's just big enough to accomodate one side panel. The button should appear if your video mode has a width of 1162 pixels or greater and a height of 700 pixels or greater.
2 - This produces a browser window that's just big enough for two side panels. The button should appear if your video mode has a width of 1320 pixels or greater and a height of 700 pixels or greater.
4 - This produces a browser window that's just big enough for all four side panels. The button should appear if your video mode has a width of 1690 pixels or greater and a height of 700 pixels or greater.

In each case, the height of the browser window is set to the full height available. Of course, you can still resize your browser by dragging the lower-right corner or any of the sides. The buttons just provide a quick and easy way to switch between the various modes.

Note that the appearance of the buttons is determined by the current video mode, not the current size of the browser window. Here are some typical video modes for modern computers and the buttons you should see:

1024×768none
1152x864none
1280x600none (insufficient height)
1280x720
1360x768
1440x900
1600x900
1920x1080
1920x1200

JavaScript is required for this to work. But that shouldn't be a problem since JavaScript is already required in other parts of the site. However, there is a JavaScript browser setting that is also required. You have to allow JavaScript to resize windows. If you have JavaScript enabled but window resizing disabled, then it won't work. To enable window resizing in Firefox, go into Preferences and click the Content tab. Make sure "Enable JavaScript" is checked and click the "Advanced" button to the right of it. You should then see a dialog like this:

Make sure that "Move or resize existing windows" is checked and click OK. The buttons should now work.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Tony W

I'm loving this latest batch 64 I never need to scroll again

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Works for me. Thank you...............Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

peterp

recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Quote from: - Newton Minow, head of FCC 1961"Television, America's vast wasteland"