Science of Solitude – mr2kewl Original

Started by mr2kewl, May 01, 2011, 06:34:48 PM

mr2kewl

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

[soundclick]10591603[/soundclick]

i named this the "Science of Solitude" since i'm the only musician playing all of the instruments. but then again, i'm the only one that shows up for the jam sessions.

it's the second piece i've done the live drumming on and it certainly has once again given me the perspective of how difficult the task of drumming is.

my hat's off to all of you drummers out there.

thanks for taking your time to listen.
"Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted" Bill Laswell         "Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny" Frank Zappa

wandering aimlessly around as: Mr2Kewl - The Kewl Trio - Mr2Kewl Quartet and The Total Chaos Orchestra

Bluesberry

I am going to say it again.............damn man you are getting somewhere fast....this is sounding tight, tight for free jazz that is.  Your drumming sounds really good Mark, I know what you mean about the drumming, having just started down that road too (we seem to be on parallel GAS paths).  And you pull off complex jazz drumming like an old pro.  Your timing is great.  The jazz quartet sounds fantastic.  Really good man.  It is very hard to pull off a song like this, and you did it.  Fantastic.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Groundy

Great sound Mark, So cool. well done       Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Satchwood

Oh yah we got some artsy 2 kewl jazz vibes going down here!   i think i'm gonna have a glass of wine....sit back... and look at that sexy girl in the corner over there.....
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Redler

You surprised me again, Mark! Sounds mellow jazz and the organ sound is perfect for this tune!

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

mr2kewl

by jazz standards, this song is about average in length.

but, no matter how you look at it, 6 1/2 minutes is a long song.

so, thanks for taking your time to listen.
"Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted" Bill Laswell         "Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny" Frank Zappa

wandering aimlessly around as: Mr2Kewl - The Kewl Trio - Mr2Kewl Quartet and The Total Chaos Orchestra