Amp sound samples..

Started by Kenneth, April 29, 2011, 02:10:27 PM

Kenneth

TR0708_1
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Just a silly little time waster here!  ::) lol

I thought I might record some samples. Using the br600 mics, I put it in front of the amp for each sample.
Reall crap playing, recording ... the idea is there anyways...
Let me know..
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman

Oldrottenhead

what a cool voice you have kenneth, have not a clue re the amps
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Rata-tat-tat

Haven't a clue... but I know some songcrafters are gonna lose sleep over this post. I do love the second sample which I believe is a tube sound... geezzz I hope it is anyhow... If not... I take back everything I've ever said about solid state amps.
recorder
Tascam DP-02

Oldrottenhead

what is an amp? is it short for amplifier if it is i know what an amp is or if its those things to do with electrickery that is magic i'll never understand
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Bluesberry

That last one (sample #4)sounds like a small Fender Tube amp of some kind.  The first sounds kinda tube-like too.  The second one is a small Vox tube amp hahahah....damn this hard to tell....its all guesses here, I am just going to guess.  Sample # 3 is a solid state Marshall amp.  Where did you get all the different amps from?  It is hard to tell.  I am interested in finding out just what these really are.  Yout Tele sounds good through these.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Tony W

I know somebody is going to nail the shit out of this, but it ain't me. I love the sound of the samples though. Confession time, I've only played a Vox AC15CC1 for a tube amp, and a Kustom HV-65 which is a a tube preamp and solid state amp.

With that limited experience.... I thought the first amp sounded like a Marshall model 1959 100 watt Super Lead Plexi

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Kenneth

Quote from: oldrottenhead on April 29, 2011, 02:28:36 PMwhat is an amp? is it short for amplifier if it is i know what an amp is or if its those things to do with electrickery that is magic i'll never understand

Basic stuff really....

The Nernst equation (Equation 3.21), which expresses the required membrane voltage to equilibrate the ion flux through the membrane for an existing concentration ratio of a particular ion species. Because the Nernst equation evaluates the ion moving force due to a concentration gradient as a voltage [V], this may be represented in equivalent electric circuits as a battery.

The cable model of an axon, which is composed of external and internal resistances as well as the electric properties of the membrane. This equivalent circuit may be used to calculate the general cable equation of the axon  describing the subthreshold transmembrane voltage response to a constant current stimulation. The time-varying equations describing the behavior of the transmembrane voltage due to a step-impulse stimulation are also of interest (though more complicated). 

The equivalent electric circuits describing the behavior of the axon under conditions of nerve propagation, or under space-clamp and voltage-clamp conditions, electric circuit for the parallel-conductance model of the membrane, which contains pathways for sodium, potassium, and chloride ion currents, this equation includes the following passive electric parameters (electronic components): membrane capacitance, Nernst voltages for sodium, potassium, and chloride ions, as well as the leakage conductance. Further, the circuit includes the behavior of the active parameters, the sodium and potassium conductances, as described by the Hodgkin-Huxley equations

Q(s) Qu(s)
Am ∗ m = m2  Volume m ∗ m ∗ m = m3
D / m3 = kg m-3 V m / s = m s-1
Acc ( m / s ) / s = m / s2 = m s-2 F kg ∗ ( m / s2 ) = kg m s-2
E kg ∗ ( m / s2 ) ∗ m = kg m2 s-2

Kenneth

Quote from: Bluesberry on April 29, 2011, 07:22:50 PMI am interested in finding out just what these really are.
Hopefully we'll get a couple more responses, I'll let you know in a couple days.

I know that myself , I rarely come in this forum , as I stay in "original songs" most the time. Although the post has had a few listens.

Geir

My guess:

1st sample : BR600
2nd sample : BR600
3rd sample : BR600
4th sample : BR600

;D
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

AndyR

Ok, I'll play...

I'm assuming they are all different amps, not one modelling amp, but I wouldn't rule that out :D

First thoughts (based on two listens):

1. I'd say is Fendery, definitely an "American" amp tone for my money. The break-up sounds a lot like what I've heard of Fender Bassmans.

2. I'm leaning towards "British" tone. I wrote Marshall originally, then Vox, then back to Marshall... this is based on the jangle near the end. I tend associate that with Vox, but I know you can get the "chime" out of Marshall if you treat it right.

3. Again British. Again Vox or Marshall. If 2 is Vox, this is Marshall, and vice versa :D

4. Not sure. Sounds like it's trying to be several things.

Out of the 4, any of them could be valve or solid state. At a guess, I'd say 1, 2, and 3 are valve, the 4th is solid state.

Final choices
OK, on a third listen:

1. "Fender", almost certain about that(:D!), probably Bassman (and therefore valve).
2. "Marshall", probably valve.
3. "Vox", probably valve, but could be solid state or one of their modellor amps.
4. Not sure, seems more "modern American" to me, could be Mesa Boogie (don't know much about them), but I have heard Fenders sounding like this though. From my experience, this one sounds the most solid state out of the 4, but I could be very wrong about this.

Is there a prize for this? I'd accept either of 2 or 3 as my prize if they were offered!!! :D
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1