"100 years" - tribute to Robert Johnson

Started by trev, April 23, 2011, 12:02:01 PM

Nelson

OH Me Oh My.

This is too cool, my man.

Just Brilliant... sounds like an instant classic.

No matter how long I'm away from the site, I still expect nothing less then excellence when I see those 4 letters.

"TREV"

Well Done indeed...
recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

lg

I didn't realize that he died young and mysteriously....
I'm gonna have to look into this.
I have downloaded this track to my mp3 player and I've been listening to it
over and over while down at my work.
Dude, this is downright AWESOME!

LG
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

SE

Everything sounds so sweet, guitars and vox are too cool, just hangs so well together, loved the listen, excellent.
recorder
Boss BR-80

Redler

Wow...beautiful tribute! I loved the producing; superb sounds and your voice is great! I like it!

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Yet another classy piece of material and a fine tribute to probably the finest blues player that ever lived. Guitarists to this day are still trying to work out how he did some of his work. This is outstanding.......Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

trev

Thanks for all the great comments - it has had a little bit of radio play in the U.S and is getting played a bit over here (UK) now - I've done some of the tweaks and am offering the new version as a free download to anyone that wants it from:

http://mtmmusic.co.uk/robertjohnson

please circulate this to anyone you think may like it :)

I've also set up a free download gateway exclusively for songcrafters members to say thanks for all the help you have given me where they can download my album 'Calling Your Name' which should be finished by the end of May - If any of you want to go to the link and leave your email address I'll email the link when its complete:

http://mtmmusic.co.uk/songcrafters

all the best

Trev

chip withrow

I must start by saying: Man, I love that slippery bass line! Great, great guitar work - piercing and heartfelt. The bluesy vocal atop all this gives the whole package the feel of a great Allman Bros southern-fried ballad. Good stuff!