"100 years" - tribute to Robert Johnson

Started by trev, April 23, 2011, 12:02:01 PM

trev

100yearsMix1_fin_toTweak_fade
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Robert Johnson would have been 100 years old on May 8th so I thought Id write a song about him - its called 100 years - still needs a little tweak here and there and its actually a bit longer than this really but I had to drop the length and bit rate to get it under the 6 meg :)

anyway see what you think chaps

Trev

lg

Sweet piece, and a great tribute!

LG
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

Kenneth

Yes I agree this is a fine tribute Trev, with some good solid playing, and amazing vocals. Easy on the ears and 6 minutes goes by in a flash listening to this. I have been meaning to learn about the man, and will have to do that soon.
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman

Bluesberry

son-of-a-gun nice track man.  Beautiful vocals.  recorded wonderfully.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Mach

Oh man this is great! I love the whole over-all vibe of this and the lyrics are nicely done. You have some cool guitar fills with the slide and riffs and the solo at the end was tasty...played with emotion. Great song and recording!

Mach
recorder
Pro Tools
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetttttt
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Diego Ayala

WOW!  Beautifull tribute to Robert J who died fairly young and under misterious circumstances ~~~ inspired the movie "crossroads" ~~~~ "Cross Roads Blues" and many more.  Totaly awesome tribute song that should get some air-time.....

stoman

"Like the Mississippi everybody knows your name " ... I must admit I did not know it. But I googled it. :)

Awesome song, Trev! Tweaks needed? No, I don't think so.

Regards,
  Steffen

des0free

Extremely tasty.  I also just listened to your song "Home alone" on your website -- Awesome as well!  I'll definitely be following your work.
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Rata-tat-tat

Trev... what a songwriter you are. Everything about this is sooo pro. I love it bro

V/R
Tod
recorder
Tascam DP-02